cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 email linked to broadband account that moved to sky now inaccessble...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else having this issue? All was fine up till Friday, phoning o2 and sky no one understands its the o2 email broadband account, I have a mobile o2 email account and this is working fine.

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

"What will happen to my o2.co.uk email?Hide
If you joined Sky from O2 on or before 21 November, you can keep using your existing O2 mailbox for the time being (as well as your new Sky email) but as you have moved to Sky, your O2 inbox storage will be limited to 20MB. If your O2 inbox exceeds this, you will need to remove some emails and stay under this limit to continue to send and receive emails. Transferring contacts and redirecting emails to your other accounts takes no time at all. By following some simple steps Yahoo!, Gmail and Hotmail can be set up to automatically import all of your emails and contacts from your O2 email account and forward any new emails sent to your O2 email account too.
If you are joining Sky from O2 on or after 22 November - great news, you are still able to use your O2 email address with a inbox storage size of 1GB (the same as what you had when with O2). When are you active with your Sky services you are also able to set up your own Sky Yahoo! Mail Mailbox with unlimited storage. You'll first need a My Sky account, which you can set up at sky.com/mysky"

Seems it depends on when you migrated !

Source http://www.sky.com/shop/your-move-to-sky/faq/

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

O2 email should no longer be active.

I think the ones that migrated with O2 broadband to sky had a limited life too and a reduced inbox capacity.

Sky help link http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Broadband/Email-accounts-from-O2/ta-p/1490659
Message 2 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
All O2 email has been gradually closing down since April for BB customers.
It must have been your turn.
This was announced over year ago.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the prompt replies, as the link supplied,

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Broadband/Email-accounts-from-O2/ta-p/1490659

It still says you can use o2 email if you had broadband, interesting enough it says mobile email was cancelled. My mobile email still works o2 email address, so contradicts link, but my broadband email doesnt, contradicts link again...lol

sky says contact o2, but knows nothing, o2 says contact sky but knows nothing !!!

Methinks Ill goto sky chat and point out that link

Message 4 of 19

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Trust us... they are all closing down sooner or later.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd go with the contact Sky option as O2 no longer have ties with you I'm afraid regarding this.
Message 6 of 19

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Indeed. but it it is still working for some people!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
#siwy
Message 7 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@browni wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Indeed. but it it is still working for some people!

But not others... and therein lies the problem!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do appreciate that there will be closure BUT some warning would not go amiss, dont just ignore your customers o2 / Sky... we may be minnions but customer service goes a long way.

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 did communicate the closure and migration via notices in their website and I remember some saying they received letters.

And I think some received welcome packs from Sky (but don't hold me to that. ;))
Message 10 of 19