cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data problems, GPRS or Edge rather than 3G

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I've switched from EE due to poor 3G data speeds to find that the data connection on o2 is even worse. I'm using a 4G sim in a Jiayu G3 running Android 4.04. Is this still an ongoing problem? I've tried the setting on the phone including switching from flight mode etc and even rebooting the phone. It seems like rather than switching to 3G the sim reverts to GPRS or Edge in poor reception areas. I never had this problem with EE and regret switching to o2. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Scott
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check your postcode here to see what you are supposed to get http://status.o2.co.uk/
But in general, yes, the data side of the network is under great strain at the moment and not much can be done until the improvements have finished rolling out.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does sound like another network congestion issue. 😞
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's all over so I wouldn't be surprised 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Damn hope it gets sorted...
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing

It's been promised but a long way off for people experiencing issues now.
Message 7 of 7