Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open discount on Huawei P20 Pro

sratansi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got my P20 Pro and was trying to add my O2 Open Doscount but keep getting a message saying : device associated with this number isn’t currently eligible for an O2 Open discount

Anyone have any ideas why this would be?

Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I would do exactly the same @cardno4. Best of luck with your complaint...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 61 of 82

kieranm9090
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went onto the chat one last time and stated that I wanted to complain.

They didn't hesitate and asked for the store name and address at which I got the phone from. Their manager tried to contact the store for clarification of what they had said to me (Which was that if it doesn't say in the small print, it should be okay for O2 Open). Because the store was just closed, I have to contact tomorrow, so will do that and if they don't sort it out then it will be a complaint via resolver.

I have also gained a copy of the chat with O2 so that I can bring it up as proof of contact with O2 in various ways.

I joined O2 because of the discount I could achieve and that even the base price was lower than Three mobiles base price, now disappointed. Just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow, I will let you know my outcome.

Message 62 of 82

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 63 of 82

cardno4
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Same detail @kieranm9090 , me and you are in the same boat and seem to have been given the same wrong advice.
Message 64 of 82

sratansi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so does that mean people who buy these new phones and apply for the discount are responsible for a shortage of stock? and this is not stated anywhere on the website or O2 Open portal until now?.... 

Message 65 of 82

kieranm9090
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Some news:

I contacted the complaints via the web chat;

I stated the problem and they asked for the store name and address at which I bought the phone and contract from. They contacted the store to clarify what I said (that they said it should be okay for O2 Open).

They got back to me and said all is clarified and everything said is true, so they have provided a discount to me and have done it as a 'loyalty discount'. This is still the normal 25% off I would have received anyway and will be applied to my next bill. 

So after all the trouble, I now technically have my O2 Open discount.

The complaints online chat is the way to go to get it sorted.

Message 66 of 82

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Glad they were sensible over this for you and hopefully any others who were promised it would be OK will get the same consideration.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 67 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thats excellent news @kieranm9090. As you say the complaints route is the way to go. Personally I am still appalled that this happened with a phone more expensive than the P20. Makes absolutely no sense to me. 

I honestly can't understand why people have to jump through hoops to get the discount applied

Will mention @Marjo and @Martin-O2 here, as one of them was looking into this on another thread...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 82

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well done and I'm glad the complaints route sorted it for you. 

I would hope this would ow be a set way of dealing with this for everyone but not everyone will have the same backed up evidence you were able to provide @kieranm9090

If everyone makes a complaint I think unfortunately the outcome will be determined on an individual basis. 

Message 69 of 82

cardno4
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Went through resolver as advised by you guys and girls on here.. wrote out a full breakdown of how I'd been told I would still have my discount in store and then how the O2 social media team told me it was ineligible and they would now change the website to reflect this.

The gentleman on the phone told me they should of dealt with me personally instead of talking about changing the site so he has inveand I will now have the O2 open discount applied throughout my contract. All in all it was a painful few days of wondering if I was going to be paying over the odds for a phone I only got to bring down the price from my previous iPhone but as I'd the case when you finally get the resolution you want, you are content. Thanks everyone on here for your help, you all never fail to let us down!
Message 70 of 82