Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open discount on Huawei P20 Pro

sratansi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got my P20 Pro and was trying to add my O2 Open Doscount but keep getting a message saying : device associated with this number isn’t currently eligible for an O2 Open discount

Anyone have any ideas why this would be?

Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I just don't get why any new phone should be ineligible for O2 Open. Talk about squeezing the last drop of blood. As you say, it's an incentive to buy a phone costing a thousand pounds and I think it's deplorable that O2 these days are just chasing every last dollar. With the closing of apps and the launch of a revamped TU in the guise of Ask, why didn't they just stop overseas calls on TU. Not sure why the need for 2 apps to check our bills and allowances to be honest. I digress, sorry admin 😔

Message 51 of 82

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@kieranm9090 wrote:
Sorry but can I ask, why is the more expensive device not available, feels a bit like a last minute decision, especially as nothing was mentioned on any documentation about it not being on O2 open...

Hey @kieranm9090 and all, regarding the question above.

With popular devices such as the P20 Pro which are on back order, we want to ensure as many loyal O2 customers as possible can enjoy it on our network, so we exclude these until such time we feel the stock is free flowing and doesn’t pose a risk to back orders for people who want to use the device on O2. Once we’re happy with the P20 Pro stock situation and have no fears of it going back on back-order, the situation will be reviewed.

The O2 Open webpage will be updated in the coming days to reflect this too.

Message 52 of 82

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I don't wish to sound awkward but how does not offering a discount ensure the above?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 53 of 82

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 54 of 82

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
And why was the webpage not updated BEFORE the pre-orders opened so people were made aware, or why advisors have said that they are eligble?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 55 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable
How does a back order of stock affect the applying of a discount
Message 56 of 82

kieranm9090
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What's the process of a complaint to O2 because the fact that no documentation has any resemblance of this, along with the website is only JUST being updated to reflect this is irrelevant to the people who pre-ordered.
Message 57 of 82

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Complaints here mate https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 58 of 82

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Use Resolver on that link as it tends to be a lot quicker with some decent results.

Message 59 of 82

cardno4
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cheers @jonsie and @MI5

It's a shame this is happening and j am going to complain. The freebies were available to any network and there were no reasons for staying with O2 other than brand loyalty and the discount. I could I'd went through another network and had a better deal so this isn't good. Really disappointed to say the least with O2. Think I'll still get some sort of discount as i have another connection with an iPad I have but that discount will be negligible
Message 60 of 82