cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Port Question / Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have just begun the process of porting my Number from orange to O2, My phone now makes outgoing calls and can send texts, but if i try to call my old ported number it goes straight to the Orange voice mail service. is this normal or has something gone wrong with the Port?

Also when I try to log into my O2 account online and click my number it says something has gone wrong and that O2 are looking into it

Any help / suggestions greatly recieved

Jason

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes this is completely normal as the porting process happens in stages.

I would recommend keeping your new handset turned off until you see NO SERVICE on your old handset

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes this is completely normal as the porting process happens in stages.

I would recommend keeping your new handset turned off until you see NO SERVICE on your old handset

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks redtitbit, will try what you have said and try to remain optomistic

Jason

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, every now and again just restart your old handset as this can sometimes help speed up the process.

Believe me, its just part of the porting process and can take up to 6pm.....DON'T PANIC!!!!

Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The porting process can, in fact, take up to 24 hours, but it's usually much quicker than that. Do as redtitbit suggests and keep your new phone turned off. Once your old phone shows 'No Service', turn your new phone on and off every hour or so. If the port hasn't happened by this evening, it may not happen until Monday, as ports don't occur over the weekend, but you should be okay. Please come back and let us know if it has worked, or if you encounter any other problems. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all,

Phone now fully ported. though website still showing error maybe unrelated so will try later.

Jason

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear you've ported......told you not to panic!!!

I would leave it 48 hours till you try and set up your O2 account.

Message 7 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Good news. If you're still having problems with the website on Monday, call Customer Service and they will hopefully be able to sort it out for you. I wouldn't bother trying to call today. Friday afternoons could possibly be the worst time of the week to try to get through to CS. If your phone is working, the rest can get sorted at a later time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8