Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal after contacting O2

phillarrow
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently joined O2 after having no issues with several other providers in recent years - it was the cheapest deal I found. However, the internet coverage is really poor and I get almost none in and around where I work despite O2's website saying it would be great indoors and outdoors.

I contacted them today to discuss cancelling my contract but they said they could sort it. After half an hour or so, they gave up and said they'd send me a new SIM card to try. 

An hour or so later, my entire network coverage (phone and internet) stopped completely!

I've done all the suggested things but I've now got no coverage. It would appear that they've turned off my old SIM completely, despite me having to wait up to five days to get my new one?!

Is there anything different I can't try to get in touch with them? I've not got a landline and can't ring from my phone as I've got no bloody signal!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

@phillarrow 

Standard these days!

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

@phillarrow 

You can also call for free via Skype Guide: A Guide to Skype 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

phillarrow
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers MI5. I managed to call them from my partner's phone after finally finding a number. It turns out that when they send new SIM cards out, it automatically cancels the original one...and they never thought to stop this happening.

I've got phone signal back again but the mobile data service is much worse than any of the other companies I've ever used. 

Hey ho... Just under two years to go and then I can go back to having a proper mobile phone service! 

Thanks for your input and suggestions.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

Yeah, it's their latest bright idea @phillarrow 

Message 5 of 5