Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyO2 'we can't send you any more codes'

LB9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have recently purchased a new eSIM only contract through O2. I was checking MyO2 regularly yesterday to see if the new eSIM/order had been processed. However the account now informs me that 'We can’t send you any more codes.' and to contact customer services. I have contacted customer services and whilst they were able to reset my password which enabled me briefly to login online (not through the app) and obtain a QR code to activate my eSIM (didn't work) they apparently cannot reset/send out new codes due to 'the system'.

Is there anyway around this or do I have to wait 24hrs for the codes to reset? Why bother referring me to customer services if they cannot help either? I find it hard to believe that the system is so basic that it cannot be reset.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LB9
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the pointers @MI5 but I managed to solve the issue! After a couple of attempts to log on via my laptop I was able to get into the account without needing the code. There was a QR code link at the top of the page which I scanned and the eSIM has installed.

Not sure why it worked as the MyO2 app still won't send out codes. Yeah think I will stick to physical SIMs in the future. If it ain't broke...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149833 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28527 Solutions

@LB9 

It's a new system and it's not without many issues.

Unfortunately you'll have to wait for it to reset or go in store with photo ID to get connected.

We advise against an esim as these also come with many issues, so stick with a plastic sim if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

LB9
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the pointers @MI5 but I managed to solve the issue! After a couple of attempts to log on via my laptop I was able to get into the account without needing the code. There was a QR code link at the top of the page which I scanned and the eSIM has installed.

Not sure why it worked as the MyO2 app still won't send out codes. Yeah think I will stick to physical SIMs in the future. If it ain't broke...

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149833 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28527 Solutions

@LB9 

Occasionally you get lucky with the web version but that can also catch you out with codes too.

You can add another contact number to your MyO2 so you can have two options of where to send codes. Useful if your sim goes offline for any reason and you still need access to your MyO2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4