Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing preferences?

pam
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

How on earth do I stop unwanted texts/emails for marketing? I've been with O2 for many years but was recently text about marketing preferences but there is no way I can see in the preference screen where I can say NO marketing. It seems you have to have at least one to activate 'Save' button-I don't want any! I've also looked everywhere on this site - O2's but nothing.

Other than phoning/ombudsman - I want to email - there's nothing!

Can anyone help please? Thanks 

Message 1 of 87
86 REPLIES 86

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Obviously mine above were accessed via my PC

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis @Cleoriff I tried via desktop & app on mobile but no luck. Will try the desktop version on my chrome book when I get home later tonight 

Message 32 of 87

pam
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I've now managed to leave My Preferences unticked and saved after getting the code, so will be interesting to see what happens. But you're right in saying they're liars as now I know how I've been getting some unwanted calls. 

Again, to all who have contributed, given info and help, a big thank you. 

Message 33 of 87

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You're welcome @pam and welcome to the madhouse slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 87

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
This has all happened since they introduced the new security on my preferences so they damn well knew about it. No warning ⚠ on My O2 to recheck preferences. Dispicable and they will once again deny all knowledge! 😠
Message 35 of 87

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsiewrote:
This has all happened since they introduced the new security on my preferences so they damn well knew about it. No warning ⚠ on My O2 to recheck preferences. Dispicable and they will once again deny all knowledge! 😠

Which all happened when they changed the layout of the home page. A couple of weeks ago we found the contact preferences was a 4 step process with texts being sent to mobile before you could access it (a damn stupid 'security issue)

Primarily it was put there to stop people bothering to access their preferences, therefore leaving us unaware O2 had changed them. Sneaky and underhand. devil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 87

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
I have just checked mine and I am not sure if there has been a change.
I have changed a couple so I will see what happens in the future. So long as I remember what I had this time though...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 37 of 87

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for bringing this to our attention guys. I'll raise this with the team now to see what's going on. I'll provide an update once I hear back. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 38 of 87

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Martin-O2I fully expect they will reply with 'it had nothing to do with them'. They can't keep denying this.

It happened once before when the website was updated about 2 years ago. You will see @MI5 and @viridis  made official complaints.

Now O2 have completely changed the way we access our contact preferences. Instead of a one click process it's now 4 steps and one of those involves them sending a code to your phone 'to ensure it's you' Completely unnecessary and time consuming.

When some of us attempted this last night, our contact preferences had been changed. No doubt of that.

Personally, I only had one box ticked previously. Last night all 4 were ticked.

O2 did this. Not me nor anyone else.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 87

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
This ^^^
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 40 of 87