Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing preferences?

pam
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

How on earth do I stop unwanted texts/emails for marketing? I've been with O2 for many years but was recently text about marketing preferences but there is no way I can see in the preference screen where I can say NO marketing. It seems you have to have at least one to activate 'Save' button-I don't want any! I've also looked everywhere on this site - O2's but nothing.

Other than phoning/ombudsman - I want to email - there's nothing!

Can anyone help please? Thanks 

Message 1 of 87
86 REPLIES 86

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

My preferences in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I'll check now about the issue you've mentioned.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 87

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have just been into contact preferences where they 'send a 5 digit code to your phone to make sure it's you'...and no code sent...so I can't even check mine let alone save anything?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 87

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I've just un-ticked everything (all of which were ticked despite me turning them off previously, again!) and I can click on save OK.

preferences.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 87

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes... I eventually got the code and found these two ticked. (unticked previously) and I have been able to save the changes. It allowed me to change and save preferences

Contact preferences partners.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 87

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
All 4 of mine were ticked again !

Currently using:
Message 6 of 87

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

On another note I am furious this has happened. Now we have to go through a long drawn out process to check our preferences and when we get there we find O2 have changed our previous settings. I would advise everyone to go and check theirs now...Evil

@Marjo@Martin-O2were you aware of this?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 87

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've still got the response to my complaint from before that states O2 didn't do it.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 87

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
All 4 of mine were ticked again !

I had one ticked (re Priority) the other 3 were originally unticked. I see they are saying I want to be contacted by partners. NO I DO NOT!!...Though I fear it's a bit late now. Our info is out there!!!!!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 87

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

complaint.PNG

Currently using:
Message 10 of 87