Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Samsung watch eSIM to phone mobile number

JadeRathbone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, anyone have any idea how to get my Samsung watch (galaxy 4 4g watch new today) to have the same number as my mobile? I've taken it out as an o2 refresh contract so I pay device and I pay for the airtime separately. However the gentleman said I'd be able to link the numbers in some way? I have a Samsung galaxy note s20 which is fully up to date so compatibility isn't an issue. Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

JayVee1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is it the case that the watch might arive already set up, as someone mentioned above?  Ive just bought a galaxy watch to work with my samsungi20.  Or does everyone have to go through all the steps outlined above?

Message 11 of 15

BK23
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having a nightmare with this too.  I've reset my phone, reset my app.  O2 asked me to uninstall galaxy wear app, which I did,  reset my watch, which I did (and lost all the data).  Now the e-sim isnt working and I'm getting two messages - 'Code isnt valid or its already been used'.  Next message is that 'service provider hasn't set up plan yet - error code 109'.  Its so frustrating and now my watch is completely wiped and I have to reinstall all of my apps on it again.  O2 have been utterly useless in helping me with this.  45 minutes on the phone to be told the problem is with the e-sim.  I've had enough and once my contract is up, I wont be renewing with them.

Message 12 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Have you seen and followed the guide below (and replicated above) @BK23 ?

Guide: Connecting your Samsung Smartwatch 

If the answer is yes then I can ask the community support to get in touch.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 15

LivM
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone and watch plan with EE ran out last week and I can tell you that it didn't matter whether my phone was switched on or not, I was able to make and receive calls and notifications on my watch anytime. I have a monthly sim only plan with O2 and would love to use the watch with it but sadly, I can't.

Message 14 of 15

DebsYorks
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Post disappeared.... trying again.  Do you mean that on EE, if leave my phone at  home, my WhatsApp from my usual number, will come through on my watch? Same mobile number on phone sim and watch esim? O2 seem incapable off doing this? Hope that's what you mean! 

Message 15 of 15