Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG K10 Unlocking

Mart68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't know if I have posted this in the right place? If not please redirect me.

I am trying to unlock my LG phone, I requested an unlock code from O2,, when I went to the Service Provider unlock screen it wouln't let me put in the unlock code and just came up with a screen saying 'your phone is not personalised' and there was only an option to dimiss. I assumed this meant my phone was not locked but when I put the sim in from the new provider I get a 'network locked' message. 

I have requested help from O2 with online chat but I'm not sure they are understanfing what I am telling them. My understanding that now the porting of my number has gone through i will have to wait up to 7 days for them to help and I think I will get anothet unlock code but that will be no good as I can't enter it. I have read online that sometimes a phone needs two codes to unlock but O2 only sent me one

Can anyone here help or advise?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mart68 

LG phones are always a pain to unlock.

Have you tried the code in the network provider section too?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Mart68
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes tried that and it didn't work. Didn't have this problem with other half's phone, same phone, same provider, getting frustrated now 😐
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Do you still have the original phone you started the contract with or has it been changed or repaired at anytime @Mart68 ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Mart68
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes its the original purchased with the contract that i am trying to unlock. Never had any problems so never been repaired.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I'll ask @O2Lisa to look into it in the morning for you.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Good morning all smiling

Thanks for the tag @MI5@Mart68 I'll message you privately and look in to this for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Mart68
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I received another email with an unlatching code today...it didn't work either. I emailed back te)ing them and was told that 2 coses had been issued and the manufacturer wouldn't issue any more and now they've visit the O2 store for further assistance or LG technical support team however I get in contact with them. Not a happy bunny
Message 8 of 8