cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Home Broadband/Home Phone Archive) Webmail

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It seems that o2 have shut down webmail for everyone except those who have broadband now.

I changed my supplier a few years back but was still able to keep my same email address and access my emails through the o2 site but this is no longer the case, i have valuable emails saved that i now cannot get to. 

Can anybody help?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

The emails shut down last November. I don't think you will be able to get your emails back now...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

The emails shut down last November. I don't think you will be able to get your emails back now...

Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Anyone with an O2 email account would have been sent notification of O2's email shutting down. This has been going on for some time, and was highly publicised. You can look here to see how long it's been going on:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Email-Webmail-to-close/m-p/510096#M8420

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You're absolutely right, it's gone:

http://www.o2.co.uk/o2email

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 8

queenie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have read all the contributions about the cessation of o2 email and webmail accounts back to September 2013. I am still in the dark about what is supposed to be happening. I used to have a Home Broadband account and I still have a Pay as You Go mobile account. I refused to subscribe to Sky and went to Plusnet instead.

I have not received any messages from o2 saying that my accounts are to be cancelled. I only found out about the possibility by accident.

Meanwhile, both my email and webmail are still active!

Will someone who knows what they are talking about please tell me what the true state of affairs is. I have heard so many different versions of what is supposed to be happening.

Why can't o2 be upfront about this?

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
We were told that any BB customers would still have email until April this year.
I guess not all accounts have closed though yet which was the case for non BB customers back in November.
When that part closed some still had email for another 3 months.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

queenie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In one of the posts I read that something called a 'general portal account'  would be available for non-broadband customers. I don't know what this term means. Can anyone explain?

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

My o2 webmail is still working but I keep getting strange messages about mail delivery notifications, had about 50 of them yesterday.

Also I think my account has been hacked, I had an email & text messages from o2 saying I had changed my password & the new one was ready to use. I never did so but I couldn't log into my account because my original password was invalid.

Had to go through live chat to get it all reset.

Message 8 of 8