Did you mean: 

Google Pixel Smartwatch Plan

GoogleGuy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I've searched other articles for an answer to this, but they seem quite focused on those who have purchased Samsung watches directly from o2, so apologies if this information already exits somewhere!

At the beginning of April I'm looking to move from Plusnet to a network that can provide 5G data with esim capabilities.

Assuming there aren't any major changes to the offers available before April, there's a lovely 15GB 5G plan I've got my eyes on for my Pixel 7 phone. A dealbreaker for me is that the new network I choose must also be able to provide me with an additional esim plan for my Pixel smartwatch.

Could you let me know the precise steps I'd need to take once I've signed up to the 15GB plan for my phone, so I can quickly get set up with a plan (e.g. 1GB) for my Pixel watch (assuming this would be possible). Is there somewhere I can see the prices for these additional watch data plans? Could I arrange this all online and over the phone, or would I have to venture instore.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10349 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3031 Solutions

@GoogleGuy 

The Pixel watch is not compatible with o2, as Google are officially partnering with EE and Vodafone... and they are not partnering with anyone else at this point in time, although lots of people have asked.

https://support.google.com/googlepixelwatch/answer/12652073#networkinfo 

So I wouldnt even bother, as it wont work.

madasaf1sh_0-1678820452858.png

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145432 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27932 Solutions

@GoogleGuy 

All Android watch set ups are the same.

£5.00 per month and need to be done in store.

Guide: Connecting your Samsung Smartwatch 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 19

madasaf1sh
  • 10349 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3031 Solutions

@GoogleGuy 

The Pixel watch is not compatible with o2, as Google are officially partnering with EE and Vodafone... and they are not partnering with anyone else at this point in time, although lots of people have asked.

So I wouldnt even bother, as it wont work.

madasaf1sh_0-1678820452858.png

Message 3 of 19

AckeyGraham
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Literally just bought the 4g version, and now found out O2 can't support. Do we have any idea on when this may come available?

Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123642 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

@AckeyGraham wrote:

Literally just bought the 4g version, and now found out O2 can't support. Do we have any idea on when this may come available?

@Chris_K?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

madasaf1sh
  • 10349 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3031 Solutions

@Cleoriff @AckeyGraham 

Its not upto to o2, as on the Pixel Watch Community they have said they will reach out to networks to support the watch, and seeing as though its been out a good few months, and they havent added any new networks.. I doubt they will.. 

I would be asking Google direct..

I had one and sent it back, as it doesn't like dual sim phones, battery life is garbage, its full of bugs as well and to be honest its a first gen device, and I went back to my Garmin..

Message 6 of 19

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@AckeyGraham wrote:

@Chris_K?

No details or anything further to share my end I'm afraid. As you can see, we do support smartwatches such as the Apple Watch and Samsung Watch, but as @madasaf1sh pointed out, currently Google only support certain carriers at present.

I've no details on when or even if that will change I'm afraid, so if having connectivity on your Pixel Watch is a 100% must, then your options will be limited to EE or Vodafone at present.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 7 of 19

spaceman
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, so I just bought the Pixel 8 Pro phone direct from the Google Store, and they were throwing in a Google Pixel 2 watch for free (wi-fi version) instead of £349 retail, or the LTE version for £50 instead of the £399 retail price tag.

And NOW I discover (thanks to this thread) that, at time of typing (17th Oct 2023), LTE is only supported by EE and Vodafone. Eeeek!

Dang!

I *really* want the LTE version to work for me, so that the watch can be fully functional, remotely from my phone or a wi-fi network.

Unless 02 can tell us when their network will be supported for this, then I may have to switch networks. Sigh.

Message 8 of 19

madasaf1sh
  • 10349 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3031 Solutions

@spaceman 

To be fair Google are very clear on which networks they support 

madasaf1sh_0-1697557516592.png

This is still in the hands of Google, and they have chosen not to support any network outside of the ones they have selected. 

Best thing to do is take it up with Google via the Pixel Watch Community.. As nothing o2 can do still...

Message 9 of 19

spaceman
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you know anyone who reads the small print? I don't! LOL 🙂

Honestly, didn't cross my mind for a milli-second that a major player like 02 wouldn't be supported by Google for the LTE version.

Message 10 of 19