Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing sim only contract. To new provider

Jojo151611
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have currently got a sim only contract. But I want to move provider with my phone number but give the sim a new number as I am giving my sister my current iPhoneX and keep the o2 sim still paying for what I am just now. Just change the number to a new one after I have moved the number I want to keep to the new provider ? Cheers
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Jojo151611 I'm fairly certain that you can't do what you want to do. If you move to a new provider with your current phone number, that will cancel the sim only contract you have with O2, and you'll have to pay the remaining months of that contract. Either you or your sister would then have to take a new contract with O2 in order for her to be able to use your iPhone with a new O2 number. If you take out the new O2 contract you won't be credit checked, but if the contract is going to be in your sister's name and she's never had a contract before, she would have to pass a credit check.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-your-contract-An-updated-guide/ba-p/1234852

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2