Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code when activating extra (Amazon Music) on My O2

RLH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,  I'm trying to redeem the extra on my O2 (Amazon Music) but I keep getting an activation error on the Amazon page when I'm logging in?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
T&C's says you do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

6.      If you have an existing account for a subscription service offered by a particular Partner, you may not be eligible to select this Partner for your Extra. In these circumstances, you will be able to select one of the other available Extras. Unless otherwise communicated to you, redeeming an Extra through O2 will not automatically cancel or suspend any subscription service offered directly by a particular Partner or through another third party and it is your responsibility to manage such direct or third party subscriptions.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 18

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The OP doesn't mention having an Amazon Music subscription and the highlighted section doesn't mention anything about having to register with a different email to a normal Amazon account. Of course if there is no existing Amazon account one would have to register with the same O2 email address.

Amazon Music is no different from having prime Video as an extra. There is no need to register a different Amazon account.

Message 14 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well it's all very confusing as @jonsie said here that he linked an Amazon extra to his existing account?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/O2-Priority/Amazon-02-extra/m-p/1342171/highlight/true#M3722 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 18

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The t&c's relate to an existing service, just as with Disney +, you can't have two subscriptions for the same service. In that specific case you would need to have a different Amazon account which is a little pointless.

Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It also states that "you will be prompted to create an account when redeeming" which further implies that a new account is needed.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It also states that "you will be prompted to create an account when redeeming" which further implies that a new account is needed.

To me that implies "if you haven't got an account you will need to create one"which is fair enough. If you haven't got an account with Amazon then you will need one, which is obvious. You can't use their service without creating an account.

Anyway, all that said, I'm personally fed up of the problems with these extras. It's always the same when O2 run these promotional offers, we are the ones expected to sort them out and read between the lines. That's not our job with everything else going on. The forum is busier than it's ever been and we are manning it 24/7. CS can sort out the problems with extras. I won't be doing it.

I'm quite prepared to carry on giving the links to the appropriate extras and that's where it will end.

We are meant to be a team on here and I'm not arguing about it any longer.

Go 'Team Us Lot'. yahoo  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 18