Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decline repair quote

JoelleHamilton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi, i sent back my device due to a cracked screen and I've been quoted £420 for a repair which seems extortionate especially as the phone is only worth £600. Anyway, I have called twice now to say I dont want to pay this so return the phone but both times I've been told I need to wait 3 days because if in 3 days I haven't accepted the quote they send the phone back to me. I just don't understand why when I say no they can't just send it back now? I've been on to track my repair and there seems to be something where I should be able to decline but there are no buttons. Am I mad or does it seem crazy that I have to wait when I can call them to accept but not to decline? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10120 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@JoelleHamilton 

Screens are expensive at the moment, due to supply shortages, and its not just the screen on some devices, its the digitiser and anything else that need to be swapped. 

Sounds odd, I would call them back and speak to a different agent at the repair centre. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10120 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@JoelleHamilton 

Screens are expensive at the moment, due to supply shortages, and its not just the screen on some devices, its the digitiser and anything else that need to be swapped. 

Sounds odd, I would call them back and speak to a different agent at the repair centre. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@JoelleHamilton 

I agree, it sounds absolutely stupid. Also an extortionate price for a screen repair.

When you get it back there are plenty of mobile repair shops who would do this for a third of that price. Also the manufacturer is another place to check out re repair.

Just keep persevering with O2 to get your phone back @JoelleHamilton 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3