cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data abroad unusable

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just returned from my holidays I paid £1.99 a day for the bolt on that other than calls and texts which was not why I needed it was almost completely unusable. I could barely access any sites or apps and if I did manage to connect they were so slow they were useless and I ended up still have to buy wifi from various places. My friend who was on t mobile however had lightening speed and no issues. Any explanations and also who and where do I write to, as I'd like to take this complaint further?
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess you wouldn't be using o2 travel if you were in the UK lol
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 35

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I know. That's what I say. It just makes me chuckle lol

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 32 of 35

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's quite shocking really. If Tesco can give a decent overseas service then I'm damn sure O2 could aand should.No one should have to take another network sim with them to get a decent service. Not forgetting that most people will have bought a phone which is locked to O2 but happily gone on holiday/business happy in the knowledge that they are going to pay £1.99/day to use their phone as they do at home. Then only to find that yes, they pay £1.99/day for a service that doesn't live up to the claims.

Message 33 of 35

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm sure they have an excuse ready to defend themselves!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 35

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I just wish o2 would allow us to use 100mb and then slow it down to 0.35mbs.

I know it's to all do with money, but I just end up taking another UK sim with me so o2 then don't get any of my revenue which is a shame.

I never have issues paying when abroad. I know I've racked up £300 in USA along time ago, but I made the choice to use my mobile phone while I was there,

Just allow us to use Data and not ruin it by slowing it down to a crawl or not even working.

I can also understand why o2 have no 4G roaming roaming partners abroad. What's point if Data is at 0.35Mbps.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 35 of 35