cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data abroad unusable

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just returned from my holidays I paid £1.99 a day for the bolt on that other than calls and texts which was not why I needed it was almost completely unusable. I could barely access any sites or apps and if I did manage to connect they were so slow they were useless and I ended up still have to buy wifi from various places. My friend who was on t mobile however had lightening speed and no issues. Any explanations and also who and where do I write to, as I'd like to take this complaint further?
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I've just returned from my holidays I paid £1.99 a day for the bolt on that other than calls and texts which was not why I needed it was almost completely unusable. I could barely access any sites or apps and if I did manage to connect they were so slow they were useless and I ended up still have to buy wifi from various places. My friend who was on t mobile however had lightening speed and no issues. Any explanations and also who and where do I write to, as I'd like to take this complaint further?

Complain here : complaintreviewservice@o2.com

Roaming data is very hit and miss in Europe as priority is given to 'home ' users. 

Message 2 of 35

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's the norm for data abroad on O2 travel I'm afraid - many have complained before you too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 35

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

The Data Abroad on O2 is shocking.

It says you slow down after 50mb according to the Terms Documentation, I can say that its shocking from the word go.

Ive been to France, Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany and Netherlands and its appauling the speeds.

You can forget Streaming, Browsing, Imessages and anything Data Related is slow to Stopped.

I have used Vodafone in France and Belgium and there speeds are no issues what so ever, EE again are ok and fast as well.

Three sim is hit and miss I have to be honest and depending on the network you choose and depends on the time as well.

But Ive complained to o2 on so many occasions and nothing is getting done.

I wouldnt mind if O2 slowed it down at 50mb, but they slow it down from 5k, thats the issue.

Complain and see what they say, let us know

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 35

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've used it in Germany and Tenerife. Germany was usable but Tenerife....truly awful I'm afraid.

Message 5 of 35

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Germany is about the best place abroad I've found too (not good the best of a bad job). Anywhere else you can forget it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 35

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would dearly like to try it here but until they come up with a worldwide charge like Europe rather than the ridiculous  £6/MB extortionate and crippling charge I will stick with the local sim at £8/month for 10GB. ...

Message 7 of 35

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

No problem whatsoever using my Three data on my recent trip to the US, and no charge at all to use it either.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 35

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've used my Three sim in France without any issues too.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 35

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions