cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I've recently been hearing my friends talking about gifts for renewing their contracts (I'm unsure with which company) and it struck me that when I renewed my contract with O2 last year I wasn't even offered a gift for staying with O2, so I was wondering, did I completely miss out? Or is that no longer a service provided by O2?
Thanks
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

O2's policy now is to treat all customers, new and old alike, in the same way. As @jonsie has said, if you call customer service and tell them you're thinking of leaving, you might get a discount or a better deal on your tariff. If you think you can get a better deal elsewhere, that's entirely your choice. The deals from CPW may seem attractive, but they are two year contracts, and you can't get a Refresh contract from anywhere other than O2 directly. You have to go with what suits you best.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Some phones do come with added accessories but it depends on the phone you buy and what promotions are on. Details of any offers are usually on the shop pages when you look at the phones. You don't get gifts for being loyal, maybe a discount if you call retentions with a view to leaving o2.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a customer with o2 for many many years and in the past have been given some really good deals from them to thank me for my loyalty. On upgrading last time I was given no special deals or gifts, and now I see I can get a better deal with mobiles and carphone warehouse than I can with o2 for a monthly o2 contract. Makes no sense to me. Keep me happy, keep my business!

Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

O2's policy now is to treat all customers, new and old alike, in the same way. As @jonsie has said, if you call customer service and tell them you're thinking of leaving, you might get a discount or a better deal on your tariff. If you think you can get a better deal elsewhere, that's entirely your choice. The deals from CPW may seem attractive, but they are two year contracts, and you can't get a Refresh contract from anywhere other than O2 directly. You have to go with what suits you best.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Different deals suit different people. Not everyone or every network is the same hence the choice and competition.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's called competition and the beauty is that you have freedom of choice. Shop around for deals because o2 don't worry about losing customers these days, always people ready to take out new contracts. Customer churn is good for everyone of us unless it seriously affects one network but then again, they will give you gifts galore to entice you.

Message 6 of 6