cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint o2 priority - NO free ticket & no money back -yet!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Used a code two days ago on o2 priority to get a free ticket for t in the park.   The deal was buy a ticket get another ticket free.   When my reciept came it said 1 ticket and I knew something was wrong.

I then phoned o2 and talked to a variety of people over 30 minutes.   None of them could help me, so they put me through to someone from ticketmaster, who took 40 minutes to pick up their phone while I waited on hold.  Was also talking to someone from o2's online help chat, so altogether about 2.5 hours of my Wednesday free time.

A lady from ticketmaster investigated my problem,  talked to manager etc, and they were as confused as me.   In the end they said I was supposed to buy 2 tickets and that the second one would be the free one. 

Nothing on the order page said that.   And nothing online either.  Everywhere it just said buy a ticket and get another one for free using the code , which I used.   She said because I only put 1 ticket in my order, and paid for that, they assume it's the 1 ticket I wanted and I didn't want one free.  ??? WHAT!?

I was told 'if it was free bread you'd have to take two loaves to the till, wouldn't you.'  Duh!

So I had to cancel my order, and that cost me extra money, and my refund is still in limbo.  This is a disgrace.    Cancelling o2 altogether after this.  

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
"The computer" wouldn't know otherwise.

Unless they programmed it to know. Either that or make the instructions clearer. Maybe the OP has never purchased BOGOF online before?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I guess the instructions need to be clearer.
Offers like that that I have seen online usually say "add 2 to basket" or some such words.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 32

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I guess the instructions need to be clearer.
Offers like that that I have seen online usually say "add 2 to basket" or some such words.

Or at least have a warning message when "1" is entered to the effect that "2" need to be ordered to get the "1" free, that would be a simple coding instruction.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 13 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I agree the instructions should be made quite clear. Add to that some sites give you a code to get 20% off your first order. The problem with that is...the code is on the home page...and unless you write it down before you navigate through the site you have no idea what it is when you get to checkout.....(as they only show it once).....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Sometimes I think that these 'offers' are purposely made difficult to navigate. The ways to get them vary from offer to offer, depending on the company. Maybe it's done that way so the company is seen to be offering giveaways, but the offers aren't taken up because the process is complicated and people just don't bother? That's my personal take on it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 32

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Problem is the offer states "buy A ticket and get another on us"

As apposed to "two for one tickets" 

One offer indicates that there is an offer attached to buying a single ticket, the other indicates purchasing two.

Screenshot_20160617-123349.png

Message 16 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Not being pedantic... but I would still read that as being required to apply for 2 to get 1 free.

Put it another way...if someone only wanted ONE ticket...would they be given another one ...so they could flog it on Ebay or tout it somewhere else?. I dont think so. It would make no sense at all

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 32

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Still not spelled out clearly though!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Still not spelled out clearly though!

If you say so....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 32

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I do - Although we know to add 2 tickets, it doesn't actually say that anywhere?

Currently using:
Message 20 of 32