Did you mean: 

Cannot Switch Up - IMEI Not recognised

Proctorious
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

the longer this is going on the more disappointed i'm becoming with O2. visited the white rose store in Leeds on 19th Jan to preorder the S24 Ultra, paid £50 for the privilege. currently have the Sony Xperia 5V (purchased from the same store) which i have on the switch up plan. fast forward a week and i received a text that i could go into store to pick up the phone. after being served by them there appeared to be some confusion when me IMEI wasn't appearing on their system. lots of phone calls were being made and i was even asked if I've made an insurance claim. I have the original receipt, box and phone all stating the same IMEI. I was told at the time they couldn't complete the switch up due to "system issues" and they would call me once sorted.

I called the following tuesday evening after hearing nothing to be told no update but they would keep me in the loop. the following weekend i visited the store again and spoke to the assistant manager, but again, no update.

Its now been another week almost (8th Feb) and I'm still yet to hear from them. I've contacted o2 recycle directly to add the phone and IMEI onto their system but they won't give a timescale for this. The ludicrous thing is that Sony Xperia 5V is being sold by o2 since September last year but is not on their system, but the S24 which has been out for two week is available to sell.

I feel completely fobbed off at this point, just tried ringing the shop again but no one answered.

someone please help.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146990 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Proctorious 

Have tried O2 via the socials?

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Proctorious
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've messaged o2 through Instagram and i've not had a reply from them since i gave them my mobile number which was at the weekend

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146990 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Proctorious 

You're not the first with this issue with Sony phones but only O2 can correct it for you, so you'll just have to keep trying them, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

Proctorious
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update - got through to the o2 store last friday and still no update. the Assistant manager confirmed to me that they have a 10 day SLA for these kind of issues which has now elapsed so they are not sure whats going on. It's now been 18 days since i should have collected from the store. Just don't know what to do at this point. 

Message 5 of 7

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7588 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

You could lodge a formal complaint to O2 @Proctorious but they currently have an eight-week turnaround ; otherwise you follow the advice of @MI5 above and persevere with Customer Service.

If you want guidance as to how to lodge a complaint, please ask ; but please bear in mind that as other O2 teams will be unable or unwilling to engage with you whilst your complaint is under investigation, a complaint might well prolong the issue.    

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7588 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Proctorious 

Did you manage to sort this out ? 

Or are you awaiting a response to a complaint ? 

Message 7 of 7