cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access voicemail from overseas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Currently overseas. Have a voicemail and been trying to access it for 12 hours now. Can't use 901 here. Phone used to be pay monthly and I had a voicemail retrieval number. Now I've switched to Pay as You Go and the retrieval number doesn't work - when I hear the voicemail message and press * as usual it says I need to change my pin and if I am calling from my own phone and am abroad I need to try using another network, but I've tried switching network and it just says "no service" on my phone. I've also tried calling my own mobile number via Skype and my parents in the UK have also tried calling my number, both times pressing * when the message starts, to be able to access my messages, but again we get a message saying I need to change my pin. I've also tried dialling 901 from my phone, even though I know 901 doesn't work here, but I get a message saying they can't set up my voicemail retrieval number at present. And... call charges to UK mobile numbers, such as my old voicemail retrieval number, from where I am are an extortionate and farcical £1.50 per minute (and apparently charged by the whole minute, not by the second, for no clear reason!), so each time I try and fail to get through to my voicemails I'm losing £1.50 in return for nothing at all! Any advice?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Contact Live Chat (details on link) for assistance on setting your PIN http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Contact Live Chat (details on link) for assistance on setting your PIN http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ref your query on calls rounded off.

This was changed last year.

"Eligible calls made using your inclusive minutes allowance are counted by the minute not by the second and will be rounded up to the nearest minute. Calls made outside your inclusive minutes allowance are charged by the minute, not by the second, and will be rounded up to the nearest minute. Each call charge is then rounded up to the next whole penny."

T&C http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/big-bundles-terms-and-conditions
Message 4 of 4