cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g calling and wifi calling Samsung s8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone confirm if 4g calling or wifi calling is available on the Samsung s8? Considering buying one but looking on o2 website it seems it's not compatible, just find it odd that's it's not as it's such a big flagship phone and the s7 is compatible. Thanks.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you go to my o2 through your browser and then go to device details on the home page you should see the option there to add it. That's how I did it anyway.
Message 11 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I found it like you said at very bottom and clicked activate so waiting to see what i2 do with it I never really leave the house in a hermit haha
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did manage to try out 4g calling today as drove past Watford (I was a passenger) and the set up times was very quick. The quality of the call was also very good as well. I'm a new customer of o2 just moved from three and I'm very impressed to be honest. Most of the time I'm on 4g and I have had no issues with speed at all. Do not know why there is so much negativity on this forum lol
Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
You'll see soon enough wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha don't say that. But seriously I was with three and was lucky to get over 5mb on b3 with them it was shocking. Indoor coverage as well. I just think o2 need to make sure they do well in the upcoming auction and get b40 for high load areas like London. Be nice if the bought some b3 off vodafone as well as that prob be the easiest capacity upgrade they could do as a lot of sites have b3. But can't see that happen. Three and o2 should of been allowed to merge in my option it has just made things worse I think.
Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
We all agree with that mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I think many of the system problems we've seen are a direct result of that failed merger. Money wasn't being spent as they thought Three would have their own systems to install. Hence very little money being spent on maintenance and upgrades. 

Message 18 of 18