Did you mean: 

2 photos IDs required to get help in o2 store

Mikemike
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Why o2 shops require 2 photo IDs to provide any help? I don't have 2 photo IDs.

Thank you

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7981 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

This has come up recently in relation to collecting an item in store, but I've never heard of it when requiring help unless there is a security issue accessing an account

We are all customers here but you can contact O2 via social media

Message O2 on
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB
Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you.

But as this has come up before I'll tag a senior member of the team as many of us would like an answer to the ID problem

@RafaC @

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 14

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Enlli, our team is going to ask for clarification on exactly which kind of photo IDs are accepted and also about having to present 2 of them in-store for different purposes. As soon as I have any updates on this I will reply here.

@Mikemike I will PM you in order to get more information about the situation.

Message 3 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94095 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I thought one photo ID and one other form of ID was acceptable.

That's accepted in my local O2 store

Message 4 of 14

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7981 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

@jonsie Sadly, many people have no photo ID at all, but often have official paperwork.

Next time I'm at our shopping area I'll pop in and ask for an eSIM and see what happens 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 14

jonsie
  • 94095 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I quite agree with all those who have mentioned that some peple have no form of photo ID but this stipulation that people can only use click and collect with the ID required MUST be part of the buying process and MUST be part of that process by clicking an appropriate box BEFORE purchase.

That way there are no doubts nor uncertainties

Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 149592 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

No additional ID is required in store for account access if your sim is working and you have your phone with you as they will send a one time passcode to your number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 14

Mikemike
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Then why they asked me for photo id in the store?

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 149592 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

I guess it's because some people find it easier to be awkward than helpful.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 14

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hi all, O2 got back to me with some info: regarding in-store order collection, the official info is as follows (you can check at https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/collection-and-delivery)

“To collect your order in store, you'll need to bring your 4 digit collection reference, which you'll find on your confirmation email, and your passport or UK photo driving licence.

If someone's collecting for you, they'll need to bring the confirmation email which includes the 4 digit reference code and photo ID confirming both yours and their identity. This should be a passport or UK photo driving licence.

We'll look after your order for seven days – if you haven't collected by then we'll cancel the order and give you a refund.”

About general in-store assistance, for certain account specifics issues the same rules ID-wise would apply, but for general help no form of ID is required.

For instance, in order to be able to make an in-store SIM swap, you would need the similar documents as you for collection, as stated here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/activating-your-sim

Hope that helps slight_smile

Message 10 of 14