Did you mean: 

2 photos IDs required to get help in o2 store

Mikemike
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Why o2 shops require 2 photo IDs to provide any help? I don't have 2 photo IDs.

Thank you

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7983 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

So no passport / Driving Licence and you have to get it delivered.

That's about 25% of the population 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 11 of 14

RonS
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Jonsie I whole heartedly agree- O2 have caused me such stress this week with their rigid take on photo ID. i contacted customer care, O2 Lisa and even tried the store manager at Cribbs Causeway and he wouldn’t even speak to me on the phone - downright refusal.

I found the real reason they only accept the two photo IDs- driving licence and passport. When collecting they fill a form out on the computer and the reference for collection is the last four digits of the licence or the passport which they have to record on the form.

Why in Gods name nobody even explained that at any point in the last four days is beyond me- now it makes sense in that it’s there system.

Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

So, just as it's always been

Just passport OR UK driving license photo ID as well as the code via the email received

It matters not if you have your phone with you for collection purposes or sim changes, you still need photo ID as well

So ignore previously incorrect advice given earlier by people who purport to know different

Message 13 of 14

Mikemike
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To the best of my knowledge, possession of a British passport and UK driving license is a prerequisite for obtaining assistance in an O2 shop. If an individual is not a British national and therefore unable to obtain a British passport, and is also unable to acquire a driving license due to for example impaired vision, they are precluded from receiving assistance. This may be perceived as discriminatory. It is worth noting that while such individuals may be denied assistance, the O2 shop still happily sell them a plan and a phone.

Message 14 of 14