Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 insurance for cracked screen on Samsung S7 Edge

Pinklily
Level 1: Joiner
  • 20 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Rang 02 insurance today, with a lot of checks on when and how, and changing of who I was talking to.  I was told that my phone would be collected tomorrow by DPD.  I was told that I would receive an email so that I could print out the postage label. 

How do I get the label and when do I receive the replacement phone, really was not explained properly.

Will I just hand it over and hope for the best.  I did get a text saying it would be collected tomorrow, but no label to be printed out.

any ideas?

Arlene Huggins
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

The S7 never came with free screen replacement and loan phones are only available from O2 shops so you would need to call in and see if they have one.
There is a £25 refundable deposit on loan phones but it shouldn’t take long for yours to be repaired.
You’ll be contacted with 24 hours usually.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 28

Pinklily
  • 20 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

this is the fourth day without my phone, and no communication from the insurance, I thought they would let me know if my claim had been accepted, and the phone was being repaired, but no communication from them at all..

Arlene Huggins
Message 12 of 28

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 13 of 28

Pinklily
  • 20 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, got in touch with customer services, and my phone is being processed, so I do not know whether the claim has been accepted or not, it is now 5 days, and I have no phone,or replacement.

What is the number beginning 034 for the insurance company?  I was so annoyed I forgot to note it.

If this happens again, hopefully not will go to local samsung shop?

Arlene Huggins
Message 14 of 28

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The number you need is 0344 8090202
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 28

Pinklily
  • 20 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thank you
Arlene Huggins
Message 16 of 28

Pinklily
  • 20 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My phone was collected last Tuesday 13/2/18 at 10.30 am, so I have been 9 days without it. I can only do basic things like make a call on the old phone I have. I have had no updates on the phone, I have called customer service tonight, and they cannot give me an update, so I am no further on. Insurance did tell me when I rang to make the claim they told me I would get emails updating me, but I have had nothing, and am going to make a complaint about the service.
Arlene Huggins
Message 17 of 28

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Seen as how they quote a 24 hour turnaround this is very poor service!

Currently using:
Message 18 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@PinklilyI would definitely make a complaint. Appalling service https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 28

Pinklily
  • 20 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Definitely, I have myself lost in a sea of phone numbers, and when you phone any of them, you seem to get to customer services, and then they give you another number.

Bad service and treatment. Will be making a complaint...asap

Arlene Huggins
Message 20 of 28