cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insurance

Anonymous
Not applicable

im absolutely discusted with the service ive just recieved over the phone.

when i took out my last upgrade i was told in shop that i can add insurance anytime to my bill. having just spoken to a so called o2 advisor he said i can not add  insurance to my bill.

i have been with o2 for at least 10yrs now and my contract is up for renewel in the next 2 months, as it stands i will not be renewing it with o2. i am going back to vodafone.

The advisor wasn't helpfull in any way or form and very blunt. Not the sort of customer service i'd expect from 1 of the largest phone companies.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

O2 Insure state at time of taking out contract or within 28 days.....for obvious reasons they wouldn't allow this months after purchase https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/services/mobile-insurance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
No you can't just add insurance 2 months from the end of your contract I'm afraid.
Why would you unless you had damaged your phone already?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

O2 Insure state at time of taking out contract or within 28 days.....for obvious reasons they wouldn't allow this months after purchase https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/services/mobile-insurance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10261 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions
You have never been able to add insurance to a bill at anytime, it use to be within 14days but is now, as pointed out within 28days...

This to prevent insurance claims for damaged devices close to the end of contracts and insurance fraud
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is smelling exactly like this scenario to me
Message 5 of 5