Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broken Phone nightmare

Anonymous
Not applicable

Evening,

can anyone point me in the right direction here please

My phone started acting up a few weeks ago, it's still under warranty so I phoned my local o2 shop - "local" is a ferry ride away.... they said an O2 guru would look at it, but they don't work weekends so i would have to go during the week and would likely have to leave it with them then collect again - 2 daysoff work and £25 eack time on ferry not an option so they sent me a pre paid jiffy bag to send back to repair centre and here the fun starts......

posted on 03/04/17, by 08/04 it was still showing on online tracker as not delivered, I phoned customer services to find out what was wrong to be told repair centre closed for weekend will phone you first thing Monday, still waiting.....

phoned again on 10/04, this time they said they had located it, it had been with them since 04/04 but for some reason hadn't been matched to repair request, a new request was set up and I waited....

12/04, still showing as not delivered on website, phoned again to be told I need to call the courier company, I gently explained that there was no need for that as it was already with them and had been for a week ! told will look into it and phone me back at 2.00pm.....

3.40pm and no call so phoned again, they can't find phone now and suggest I call repairs direct tomorrow on 01603269974.....

i have explained at every turn that i am desperate for my phone back, of all the weeks to send it away - my son was attacked and stabbed on Sunday 02/04 and remains in hospital, if ever I needed my phone it's now but I feel I am getting fobbed off daily - how do i resolve this quickly ? thanks....

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous you could ask for your phone to be returned to you & send it to the manufacturer for repair

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
they appear to have mislaid it again though unfortunately
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Absolutely outrageous. You wont get it back now before Easter I suspect. I would make a complaint immediately http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous if they cannot find your phone then theyd have to replace it

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Sadly there is no quick resolution to this and another of the reasons why we never suggest anyone uses o2 repairs.
Complain, call, moan all you like but nothing will happen until someone gets off their ass to help you out. Even then it will most likely take weeks.
I know it's not what you want to hear but you may as well have the truth so you know what you are dealing with here.
Hopefully you didn't send the SIM card with the phone so I suggest you get a cheap substitute until o2 get their act together.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6