cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text problems URGENT

Anonymous
Not applicable
i signed a new contract with o2 today and have just finished setting up my phone, as i wanted to keep my old o2 pay&go number i had to wait a few hours for the number to transfer now i have done so but for some reason i can make calls but my texts messages won't deliver... im not sure if this is to do with WAP settings or something else please help?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you had a courtesy call for o2 customer services? They usually check your settings. You could always call customer services there usually pretty good.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's likely to do with your message centre number. The message centre number differs for prepay and postpay and in some occasions the prepay number can copy onto your pay monthly sim card when you migrate your number across. Check in your text message settings for the message centre number. The message centre number you should have is +447802000332.

Also, sometimes it can take upto 24hrs for your text messaging service to provision after bringing your number across...

Hope this helps slight_smile
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
When you transfer your number, mms and sms are the last to be provisioned and usually a few hours after your sim becomes active. It will probably be fine in the morning.
To make sure you have the correct settings, just go into message settings and check the message centre number. Make sure there is no digit missing.

Message Centre Numbers

If this is ok, just be patient until sms is provisioned
Hope this helps
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
It's likely to do with your message centre number. The message centre number differs for prepay and postpay and in some occasions the prepay number can copy onto your pay monthly sim card when you migrate your number across. Check in your text message settings for the message centre number. The message centre number you should have is +447802000332.
Also, sometimes it can take upto 24hrs for your text messaging service to provision after bringing your number across...
Hope this helps slight_smile

SNAP !! slight_smile
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks all, your advice helped my texts came through at around lunch time today slight_smile
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all i have recently changed on to simplicity from my pay as you go o2 tarrif, i did this in the store about 3 pm time today, it all seems to be up and running but like sophie i cannot send texts, i can recieve them ok but not send, keeps saying unable to send message, i have a nokia n70 and am very worried it wont work and i'll have to change the phone or something. How long in general does it take for the texts to start being able to be sent agin ? also how ill i know will i recieve another message letting me know i can text again ? i have had a text saying i am only getting 20 texts and 20 minutes untill tonight when i should hopefully get my full allocation of texts and minutes which should be unlimited texts and 600 minutes for 19 pounds.

Can anyone clam my mind by letting me know how long this can take and how will i know when its ready to send texts again , if at all

many thanks in advance

really apprecaite any help people can give me
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Taken from O2 help pages:
I can't send texts since my mobile number transfer
You may find that you're not able to send text for up to 24 hours after your number transfer. Don't worry about this, it's normal. The service will available within 24 hours.
We do suggest that you check your message centre number that is stored in your mobile, usually in "message settings", as this needs to be correct to send text messages.
For all Pay & Go customers, your message centre number is +447802092035.
For all Pay Monthly customers, your message centre number is +447802000332.

Perhaps give it a little longer or if its past the time scale, call them.
Hope this helps
Message 8 of 8