cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nokia lumia 925

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello,i am looking to change my iphone 4s to a nokia lumia 925 and i was just wondering if anybody knew what the nokia is like and if it is any good!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

It all depends on what you want to get out of the phone.

What do you use your phone for? What Apps can you not live without? Is the number of Apps available important to you?

What is prompting you to move from iOS to Windows Phone?

Message 2 of 6

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

hello,i am looking to change my iphone 4s to a nokia lumia 925 and i was just wondering if anybody knew what the nokia is like and if it is any good!

The 925 is a fantastic device, the current flagship of the Lumia range. Its standout feature is the camera which is capable of taking very nice photos in low-light conditions and also includes optical image stabilization which helps to reduce motion blur. The one area where it lacks however is with the apps - coming from an iPhone this may be a bit of an issue for you.

Why not look at a few Android devices? At a similar price range you could probably get yourself a Sony Xperia Z or Samsung Galaxy S4, both of which include 13mp cameras, higher resolution HD screens, expandable memory and a LOT more apps and games to download!

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou for replying,im changing to a nokia lumia because i am bored of iphones,ive used them for 3-4 years now and would like to try something new.im not bothered about the apps as i dont go on any so it wouldnt make a difference.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just changed to a Nokia 925 myself, coming from an iphone 3GS via a Blackberry Torch 9860.

I am pleased with the change but, like any phone, there are downsides to it too, it all depends on what you want to do with it.

Some of the downsides to the Nokia 925 are

1) The lack of a VPN facility

2) The inability to be able to set a static IP address on a WIFI connection.

3) The restriction of the WIFI connections to certain types of security.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to make calls in poor reception areas it is problematic. I cant get a signal whereas my old 800 has two or three bars.

Message 6 of 6