cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery life

Anonymous
Not applicable

battery on blackberry curve 8250 is lasting 5 hours tops! dont use lots of internet, is an old device. will the battery boost app be a good option?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

If your battery is already not holding a charge for long it's doubtful that an app will improve things. If it's a free app you may as well try it, but if you have to pay for it, you'd probably be better off investing in the cost of a new battery.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145037 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
will the battery boost app be a good option?

Rarely any good tbh... a new battery might be more useful wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

If your battery is already not holding a charge for long it's doubtful that an app will improve things. If it's a free app you may as well try it, but if you have to pay for it, you'd probably be better off investing in the cost of a new battery.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree.

Look on the internet for battery saving tips which do help a little.

If your on fringe network coverage the phone has to work more to keep signal which is a power drain.
Lots of other variables which can be found in this forum and by a google search.

Typically I achieve a days usage which is pretty much normal for a smartphone nowadays.

Obviously each users pattern is different.
Message 4 of 5

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Have to agree with the others here. I wouldn't bther with the app. I assume you mean the  curve 8520 which doesn't have 3G so isn't constantly hunting for a better signal and is now quite an old device. A new battery is your best option IMO, unless you want a newer handset.

Some third party batteries are very good but there are some cheap ones that aren't worth bothering with.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 5