cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows phone 8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Windows phone 8.1 should be announced today with a rumoured release date of 23rd April.
So question is, how long until O2 get it out to us? I'm starting my campaign now due the stupidly long wait for gdr3 on huawei w1.
Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

ianh
Level 3: Thinker
  • 68 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Terminus, thanks for your reply. It's interesting that the camera doesn't work on your Ativ. Seeing as I got the 1020, instead of the 925, for the camera I don't think I'll take any chances.

I know someone who has the 1020 with the 8.1 Preview but he didn't mention any problems with the camera so I'll speak to him again to confirm.

I don't think it's worth installing the preview now as I'm sure the real thing will be released in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait.

Message 41 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ianh  The camera issue is specific to the ATIV so you have nothing to worry about on the 1020 when it comes to the camera.

Message 42 of 68

ianh
  • 68 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good to know, thanks. I'll give it another week and if there's still no sign I might upgrade.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ianh  The camera issue is specific to the ATIV so you have nothing to worry about on the 1020 when it comes to the camera.

Message 43 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ianh Just remember that if you do update to the DP make sure you plug it in when doing the update. As it's a Nokia you can roll it back to WP8 if you decide to by using the Nokia Care Suite.

Message 44 of 68

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Was at a Microsoft/Nokia Partner event today and they stated 8.1 will start rolling out last two weeks in July, but will be staggered across devices and networks.

Cortana looks phenomenal. WP will set the standard for business devices.

ewan
Message 45 of 68

ianh
  • 68 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@ewanrw wrote:
Was at a Microsoft/Nokia Partner event today and they stated 8.1 will start rolling out last two weeks in July, but will be staggered across devices and networks.

Cortana looks phenomenal. WP will set the standard for business devices.

ewan

Thanks for the update Ewan, much appreciated.

Message 46 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 47 of 68

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

Myself and the team are working on getting you all some more info about 8.1 as soon as possible. Thanks for being patient.

Thanks for sharing that Paulrus!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 48 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable
When are you releasing 8.1 it's gone global now and my lumia 625 is under testing still
Message 49 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable
As per Toby's (site management) above reply O2 will advise ASAP.

Fingers crossed it's soon.
Message 50 of 68