Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Blue Screen (of Death)

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hubby's Dell Laptop has the blue screen . It states there is an error and info is being collected then it will restart - No restart.  These are the unfortunate words

Stop code         APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

what failed     Win32full.sys                      at the time an attachment  was being printed from an email (Outlook)

None of this sounds encouraging.  The blue screen covers the whole of the screen (all screens have done the same since inception)    

Any suggestions?  The PC cant be shut down nor any other procedures followed. Techy help maybe 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jenny105 

It's a driver issue.

As you were printing at the time, I'd guess an issue with the printer software installation.

Holding the power button should force a shutdown, then restart and uninstall the printer software.

Update it from the printers manufacturer site.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jenny105 

It's a driver issue.

As you were printing at the time, I'd guess an issue with the printer software installation.

Holding the power button should force a shutdown, then restart and uninstall the printer software.

Update it from the printers manufacturer site.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Whey hey ...... I couldnt see the start button on Hubbys machine sorta camouflaged in deep tones of dark black with no symbols or light as on my old machine.

We're just trying this - sorry to trouble you . More choccy hob nobs ? Or is there another variety in vogue?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Choccy HobNobs are just fine thumbsupyahoo

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

PC is fine. Thanks , but everytime the Kyocera printer is used theres the kiss of death. Ive found pages that say theres a fix for this but not sure I trust the websites.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jenny105 

Don't trust those websites for sure.

They'll either require you to pay or install a load of spyware.

I'd send a support email to Kyocera in the first instance.

Also make sure all your windows updates are installed.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6