cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail message???

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been trying to contact a friend for a week but now when i call it rings about 8 times and the message i get is....
"This person cannot take your call right now, please try later or send a txt"
This has been the reply for a week but they usually have to have voicemail on for work, they live the other end of the country and i can't get there until next week and i'm getting quite concerned, i have no other contact number.
Could you please shed any light on this, does this message mean their phone is switched off, or loss of signal??? or could it have been stolen??

Ruthy
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could be that their Voicemamil is switched off. If their phone is off then you will get that message instead.

An other cause is PAYG number gone into suspension because it has not been topped up in the last 180 days
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
pay & go phones do not get suspended if they're not topped up for 180 days , its 999 days :womanindifferent:
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou for your reply but the phone in question is a pay monthly contract so it can't be because of a suspension.
Even though it rings before the message kicks in, could this still mean that it's switched off? and my phone is giving me reports that my txts have been delivered?
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suspect the answerphone is switched off.
Text them and tell them to dial 1750 which switches it on.
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's the problem, i can't get hold of them at all as this was the only contact number i have..i'm getting no response from txts and calls??
It's very strange which is why i think there must be a problem with the phone and we have an important business contract to tie up asap..although they have my mobile number which i guess may be lost.
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
In all honesty, if you cant get them there is little else you can do.
Obviously the phone is off or temporally disconnected for some reason.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for trying to help Dave,

I guess i'll just have to wait and see and hope they contact me.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
This type of problem just because their phone is switched off or out of coverage area.So just wait.
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou Terry...i'll reply if all turns out well.
Message 10 of 12