cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my phone replaced by carphone warehouse because it was broken and accidentally left the sim inside and so it has been lost. I have recieved a new sim and would like to transfer my number from my original sim to this but in order to do this i need to enter a code online which is sent to my number. How can i get around this problem??

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Call customer service from another phone or try live chat http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

You can also do it in store if you have one nearby.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Call customer service from another phone or try live chat http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

You can also do it in store if you have one nearby.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous As @MI5 has said, either call Customer Service or alternatively you should be able to get a new sim in an O2 store. If you have one nearby, make sure you have your account details and sufficient identification with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you reported it to customer service as lost they should have sent you a replacement sim with your own number already provisioned. Then it would have been a simple phone call to activate and remove the bar on your account. 

Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous please do take a look at the advice above about the SIM and let us know if you have any further questions? slight_smile

Message 5 of 5