Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung smartwatch 3

sandrapreston12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi can anyone please help with samsung smartwatch 3 issues???? My husband bought one 3 weeks ago to pair with his samsung galaxy s7 for work purposes as he's an Engineer so it will help him having to stop and answer calls. It's a cellular one and the O2 store inserted the sim and supposedly set it all up for him but it wont make calls unless its connected to the phone via Bluetooth!!!!
Hes on his second watch now as they thought the first one could be faulty, we've went through all the setting ect and even contacted Samsung who say its an O2 network issue. I had the same issue a year ago trying to get my daughters apple watch set up with O2.
Store saying its fine just to wait another 24hrs but sick fed up being palmed off with them now and customer service is a complete joke!!
Grateful for any advice.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions

@sandrapreston12

The way the Samsung Galaxy watch works, is that if it is in range of Bluetooth then it will always use this, for calls and relay it onto the watch.

If it is out of range then it needs to use WiFi or Mobile data to create a remote connection back to the phone as it uses this connection to make calls out / and to receive them

You cant make calls from the watch or take calls if it cant talk to your husbands phone.

Also go into the settings in the app and makes sure Remote Connections are enabled.

For full details, and scroll to the bottom.

https://www.o2.co.uk/samsung-watch

edited (as missed words in reply)

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

sandrapreston12
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. Yes his watch has his own data plan set up. We've been on the phone to customer services this morning who have said the Samsung S7 wont work as a stand alone if we cant find the "calls and text from other devices" or "calls and text continuity" setting aren't switched on but we cant find these settings anywhere yet his phone softwear is upgraded to the correct version. The staff instore said LTE should show up on his watch screen and it isnt but they are also saying it is compatible as a stand alone. Been onto Samsung again and they are still saying its an O2 issue.
Message 3 of 7

Marc1984
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

any update son this sandra, im experiencing similar issue. thanks

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

According to this post by @O2Georgina (one of our account advisors) the data plans for this watch can only be set up instore.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/O2-Gurus/Galaxy-Watch-3-LTE-version-Searching-for-network/m-p/1448934/... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Neilo_en_fuego
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Having almost identical problems on my Samsung Active 2 4g Watch. Everything was set-up as well in store last year between lockdowns, I am on the £5pm airtime plan yet I am unable to make/receive phone calls via the Watch (messaging and data work fine) whilst using 4g/Wifi.. checking the phone, it recognises that a remote call is coming through but then instantly hangs-up.

I've been through the o2 Guru Team on Twitter for months, who though have been helpful have not resolved this issue, I even sent my watch off to get it repaired but clearly the Watch is fine, I was then told by the Twitter team that I would need to go into an o2 store once shops reopened as there is some sort of 'process' that needs to be done in store. I visited an o2 store this past week and they had no idea about any process and just went through the usual troubleshooting methods that have so far failed up to this point and I have tried them all.

Weird thing is though, I reset the esim and rescanned the esim yesterday and if I switch the network mode to 3g only on the Watch I can make and receive phone calls with no problem at all.. problem is though, is that it is using the Watches own number with which I have been charged for.

Clearly it is an o2 issue, as other users have said, like myself Samsung reps have said just that.

Think once my contract is up later this year I'll be off to EE, have been a loyal customer for over two decades but o2 are really lagging behind in terms of their services compared to some other network providers.
Message 6 of 7

Wiggywiz
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions