Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qi wireless charging.

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm about to get a Lumia with Qi wireless charging built in, it'll be suppled without a charging pad. I might as well make use of it and ideally I'd like 3 charging pads (Main room, bedroom and work) Just a simple charging pad, not the type that contains a battery.

I quick look at ebay suggests genuine Nokia pads can be had for around £20. However for about £5 an aftermarket unit can be had.

Anyone have any experience of Qi charging? I assume the technology works but does it work when you use a gel case on the phone and do aftermarket units work as efficiently? (They claim to meet the Qi atandard)

Thanks

On a similar topic, I'm currently using a Lumia 925 for which I've just ordered a £5 (ebay, several suppliers all around the same price) a 'genuine' Nokia wireless charging shell. A family member has a 1020 so I thought I'd order one for them, cheapest I can find is £60 !!!! Why the diffence?

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@tullyhubbert wrote:

@tullyhubbert wrote:

Any 930 owners reading this? What is the part number for the supplied with phone wireless charging pad? It has a micro usb port to plug a standard charger cable in.

Sorted, the 930 is supplied with a DT-601 and doesn't have a micro USB port on the pad. I was confused .... again!

Confusion is good....because you worked it out anyway @tullyhubbert LOL Thanks for coming back to update the thread...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 41