Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qi wireless charging.

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm about to get a Lumia with Qi wireless charging built in, it'll be suppled without a charging pad. I might as well make use of it and ideally I'd like 3 charging pads (Main room, bedroom and work) Just a simple charging pad, not the type that contains a battery.

I quick look at ebay suggests genuine Nokia pads can be had for around £20. However for about £5 an aftermarket unit can be had.

Anyone have any experience of Qi charging? I assume the technology works but does it work when you use a gel case on the phone and do aftermarket units work as efficiently? (They claim to meet the Qi atandard)

Thanks

On a similar topic, I'm currently using a Lumia 925 for which I've just ordered a £5 (ebay, several suppliers all around the same price) a 'genuine' Nokia wireless charging shell. A family member has a 1020 so I thought I'd order one for them, cheapest I can find is £60 !!!! Why the diffence?

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
When I got my 735 I found going from the big tiles to the medium tiles strange but after a couple of days I got used to it so much that now I have altered my spare 520 so it has the 3 medium tiles
Message 21 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
You don't like 6 rows then?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 22 of 41

captainprice
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
The 6 rows are to small for me even on my 735 they are just to small
Message 23 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
On the 520 my partner chooses different sized tiles as per her preferences.
Message 24 of 41

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
I would imagine everyone does.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 25 of 41

captainprice
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Yes its down to everyone's preferences the only wide tile I have is a app called tile clock (called-start screen clock) in windows store
Message 26 of 41

tullyhubbert
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@captainprice wrote:
The 6 rows are to small for me even on my 735 they are just to small

This ^^^ Smallest tiles on the two row layout were a good option, they are just too tiny with 3 rows. I also like my weather app full width at the top with nice easy to see text and icons.

Been busy with work all day, just noticed a while ago my data connection isn't working. I'm 4G SIM only and changed from a Micro to Nano SIM. Just done the swapmysim changeover, there was a follow up to complete if you were moving to/using 4G but I didn't complete that as I'm already on 4G, maybe I should have? Phone picking up O2-UK H all day, no H+ or 4G ... strange. Any ideas anyone? Ta.

Anyone know if the Micro SIM I deactivated to use the new Nano SIM can be reactivated? The number needed is stamped on it but maybe its dead now?

Message 27 of 41

captainprice
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
To get my 4g going I had to reboot my 735 that was after porting though don't know if this would apply to you
Message 28 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly yes it you sim swapped back.

But try turning the phone off and on to reset connection first.
Message 29 of 41

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
The sim you used previously is now dead and useless. To swap again you would need a new sim card.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 30 of 41