cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q10 display problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone help with this?

Every time I make or receive a call the screen immediatley goes black and unresponsive. If I try swiping up to wake the screen it lights for a second and then goes black again, almost as if the daylight sensor is not working. I have removed the protective covers from the screen but this doesn't cure the problem.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Certainly sounds like a sensor problem.

If you've tried the above and your screen timeout is not set very low then return it for exchange as faulty.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know whether this helps or not, but i have been a BlackBerry user for a number of years now, and everyone on making a call, the screen has gone blank. Usually the select button, will bring the display back to life. I have looked through the settings on a few of the devices i have had, and there is nothing that you can change. Not a really good reply, but might shed some light, or not lol. Might be worth raising the issue with RIM if it is important to you. Good luck.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm...sounds like it could be a problem with the proximity sensor which disables the screen when you hold it to your head when on a call to prevent you pressing things with your ear/head.

I assume you have tried removing and re-inserting the battery? Have you upgraded the Q10 to the latest software (10.1) ?

Does it do it after every call?

Message 3 of 4

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Certainly sounds like a sensor problem.

If you've tried the above and your screen timeout is not set very low then return it for exchange as faulty.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 4 of 4