cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone in bottom of dirty canal :(

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm angry & annoyed with myself ... when buying a £1 bag of sweeties from a narrowboat on the canal whilst bending forward to profer my money, my mobile phone slipped out of my open handbag into the canal ... it's f(p)arting gesture was bubbles slight_frown ... an expensive bag of sweets

Windows Nokia Lumia 650lte phone

I have put my previous 640lte phone on charge ready to go into the town's O2 shop tomorrow

It's the loss of my son's wedding photo = the one where is smiling directly at me + contacts list + details in phone calendar, which are a loss to me

I don't remember backing up my phone - I don't know how to do that 'fancy footwork'

I'd say a member of staff who set up my phone when I upgraded & took out whatever cards from the 640lte phone into my then new 650lte phone

I have O2 insurance 

atm I cannot afford to upgrade

Your help will be gratefully appreciated ... I have lost my sense of humour even though it could have been worse = my purse could have dropped into the canal too 

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It would be if the excess was less than the £50 to upgrade.
I’ve no idea which policy it is but I’d wager it was a £75 excess at least ?

No idea @MI5...though @Anonymous said it was the £6.00 one. (So quite cheap really)

Anyway all options have been given to explore...It's up to Jane really

The £50 to upgrade may well come with monthly payments which are out of her price range ie £18 pm?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 45

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No idea tbh unless we are told what the budget is ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much @Cleoriff & @MI5 for your knowledgeable constructive comments & being patient with me slight_smile

I have been into the O2 shop & come away with an Xperia L1

I considered the excess to pay & balanced that against Windows phones no longer being made

I'm paying approximately the same per month as before ... & ... Sonia the member of staff who attend to me said that it was easy to use

Please can the team @Martin-O2 @Marjo @EmilieT feedback to the Skipton O2 shop that Sonia went over & above to help me = she said she was in the shop this forthcoming week if I needed help

Does that mean I am now a member of the Android Army ... & ... a Sony Fan Boy? LOL

I'm orf to 'mess about with my new toy' ... have recovered my sense of humour *sighs* ... Happy Bunny Bouncy

Message 23 of 45

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Good news Jane and well done.
You’ll find Android different the Windows but it’s not difficult to use.
Plenty of Android and Sony knowledge on here so don’t worry wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 45

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

So sorry to hear about this Jane. It's easy to say, don't get too upset, it's only a phone but these days we carry our life round in a phone. Whatever you decide to do I hope you get your photos back and of course your calendar.

Chin up gal, you Yorkshire lasses are made of stern stuff. Hug

Message 25 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

So sorry to hear about this Jane. It's easy to say, don't get too upset, it's only a phone but these days we carry our life round in a phone. Whatever you decide to do I hope you get your photos back and of course your calendar.

Chin up gal, you Yorkshire lasses are made of stern stuff. Hug

Aye lad we are Hug ... just in the process of getting my stuff back from my old phone to the new Xperia L1 I now have 

Hope you're alright @jonsie & thank you for your message kissing_heart

Message 26 of 45

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Hope you like your new phone slight_smile

Looking forward to an update when you have got it how you want it.

I am still finding new things on my Samsung A5 2017 phone .

Message 27 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Excellent choice Jane ...Yes you are now a member of the Android Army...

android army.jpg

Now go and play with the phone tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

PS...you now have to change your signature.... @Anonymous joy

Veritas Numquam Perit