cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone in bottom of dirty canal :(

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm angry & annoyed with myself ... when buying a £1 bag of sweeties from a narrowboat on the canal whilst bending forward to profer my money, my mobile phone slipped out of my open handbag into the canal ... it's f(p)arting gesture was bubbles slight_frown ... an expensive bag of sweets

Windows Nokia Lumia 650lte phone

I have put my previous 640lte phone on charge ready to go into the town's O2 shop tomorrow

It's the loss of my son's wedding photo = the one where is smiling directly at me + contacts list + details in phone calendar, which are a loss to me

I don't remember backing up my phone - I don't know how to do that 'fancy footwork'

I'd say a member of staff who set up my phone when I upgraded & took out whatever cards from the 640lte phone into my then new 650lte phone

I have O2 insurance 

atm I cannot afford to upgrade

Your help will be gratefully appreciated ... I have lost my sense of humour even though it could have been worse = my purse could have dropped into the canal too 

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
2 methods to reset here Jane.
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28081
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
2 methods to reset here Jane.
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28081

Thank you @MI5 ... the instructions are easy enough for me to follow 

Message 12 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having slept on things overnight ... 2 thoughts ... = ... I have about £50 left to pay on my device plan, which I'd rather not do as I'd be paying for a phone I cannot use ... & ... in any situation will I still be able to acess Audible as I've just started listening to a good book narrated by it's author Stephen Fry: Mythos, a retelling of the Greek Myths

Message 13 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

This is where claiming on your insurance will help Jane. Not sure what the T's+C's of your particular policy are, though either way you won't have to pay for a device you no longer have.

When you go instore tomorrow, speak to the advisors and hopefully they will point you in the right direction.

You certainly should be getting a replacement device from your insurance.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 45

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Which is cheaper. Paying off your device plan or paying the insurance policy excess?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Which is cheaper. Paying off your device plan or paying the insurance policy excess?

There is that to consider of course...however. paying off the device plan wont get @Anonymous another phone. An insurance claim will....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 45

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No but can then upgrade and get new phone.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 45

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Eg, Nokia 3 with 1gb for £18 a month
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariff/nokia/3?productId=12119311-7881-4e31-ba78-05cda6de48f0&planId=&cont...
May even get a discount for upgrading too wink

Currently using:
Message 18 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I'm just going on @Anonymous's first post where she said 'she couldn't afford to upgrade at the moment'

So looking for the cheapest option. An insurance claim, as she is paying for it, would seem to be the least expensive way to go?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 45

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It would be if the excess was less than the £50 to upgrade.
I’ve no idea which policy it is but I’d wager it was a £75 excess at least ?

Currently using:
Message 20 of 45