cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone in bottom of dirty canal :(

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm angry & annoyed with myself ... when buying a £1 bag of sweeties from a narrowboat on the canal whilst bending forward to profer my money, my mobile phone slipped out of my open handbag into the canal ... it's f(p)arting gesture was bubbles slight_frown ... an expensive bag of sweets

Windows Nokia Lumia 650lte phone

I have put my previous 640lte phone on charge ready to go into the town's O2 shop tomorrow

It's the loss of my son's wedding photo = the one where is smiling directly at me + contacts list + details in phone calendar, which are a loss to me

I don't remember backing up my phone - I don't know how to do that 'fancy footwork'

I'd say a member of staff who set up my phone when I upgraded & took out whatever cards from the 640lte phone into my then new 650lte phone

I have O2 insurance 

atm I cannot afford to upgrade

Your help will be gratefully appreciated ... I have lost my sense of humour even though it could have been worse = my purse could have dropped into the canal too 

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35921 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

PS...you now have to change your signature.... @Anonymous joy

Uh-oh...  tongue_winking

Message 31 of 45

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 32 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122907 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

joy Is it disappearing again?.....Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 45

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

pgn
  • 35921 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions
Strange how it sort of slowly dissolves into nothingness, don'cha think, @jonsie and @Cleoriff ? 😝
Message 35 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Cleoriff for reminding me to change my signature - which I have now done ... & ... confirming I am now a member of The Android Army Bouncy

@MI5 yes, I am finding it different to the Nokia phones I've always had but I like it slight_smile

Yes @jonsie I will yell loudly when I need help LOL

@Poppysmum I've been playing around with the phone for most of the day, without consulting the instruction booklet Fantastic

The phone is now on charge 

I've gone for white as opposed to black so it can been seen in any handbag 

Message 36 of 45

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Poppysmum I've been playing around with the phone for most of the day, without consulting the instruction booklet Fantastic

The phone is now on charge 

I've gone for white as opposed to black so it can been seen in any handbag 

Brilliant @Anonymous

I hate white phones mine is a black one could have bought a gold or blue mist colour . 

Might have been tempted if they had had a red one wink 

Message 37 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122907 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I have had numerous red phones. If I can't have Red I will have gold and slap it in a red case...tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 45

pgn
  • 35921 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Great signature by the way @pgn.....mobile view.

Just stop....now....!

20**Personal info** 17.59.37.png

Weird how my Full View is more like your mobile view... 

But both mobile and full sigs are in sync now, see? 👍

composite_15292642763623.jpg

Message 39 of 45

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Please can the team @Martin-O2 @Marjo @EmilieT feedback to the Skipton O2 shop that Sonia went over & above to help me = she said she was in the shop this forthcoming week if I needed help 

Hi @Anonymous sorry to hear about your phone!! 😞 Looks like you got a lot of help and support here, that's so lovely to see! And you already got a replacement phone too. slight_smile

Thanks for the positive feedback about Sonia from Skipton O2 shop! Good to hear you had a positive experience there. I might drop you a PM to get further details to pass on. slight_smile

Message 40 of 45