cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 UK Account Payment Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Up until a few days ago, I was able to purchase apps using my mobile phone bill from the Windows Phone Store. Now I get an error saying "Your Account Isn't Set Up To Charge Store Purchases To Your Phone Bill. Check With O2 UK Account To See If This Service Is Available"

I haven't changed any settings or added any other payment options that would cancel this out.

Using Nokia Lumia 930!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rich.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

You'll need to call cs on 202 for contacts or 4445 for payg.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

You'll need to call cs on 202 for contacts or 4445 for payg.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers slight_smile
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, today i was shocked to my find my o2 bill was generated and ready to view. To my shock i was being charged for 2 handsets and two contracts, But i only had 1 handset and 1 contract that was £54, i contacted o2 and asked why my bill is so high, after hrs on the phone the when i first noticed that 2 numbers were on my bill. i thought the situation was resolved. To put it in a nutshell i was on a sim only contract for 6 months. i then upgraded to a iphone 6 on the click and collect. After setting up the phone i couldnt transfer my number across.I rang o2 and he said that i had set up another contract . Not what i wanted i wanted 1 phone with a upgrade. so after bein put through to returns department the phone was canceled and was told to return through the post office which i did. Iwas told then to return to the shop and upgrade and so what i did. Just to make sure after 2 days i contacted o2 which they confirmed my phone had been recieved. So that should have been the end of it. Wrong it wasnt after paying my bill 2 days ago another bill was generated to come out on the 27th for £72.43 with a further direct debit on the 11 sept for £55. After spending all day trying to resolve this and no body on the o2 chat would help as the bill had been generated and its tough luck. so trying to call o2 was impossible as all lines were to busy. i headed down to the o2 store and sat and waited for them to help. he saw my account was in a right mess with payments trying to go out left right and centre. After a long wait the customer service said this was a mistake. and the other contracted phone had been returned but had not been correctly dealt with.But after all this ball ache my o2 account still says i have 2 phone 2 accounts and i must pay. deeply saddened at the lack of customer service and treatment ive recieved. as any one else had the same issue, as ive done everything asked of me. and no one can HELP.

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You have done everything correctly but unfortunately for whatever reason that six month sim only contract had not been cancelled

I hope going to the shop to sort it has done so today. It may be that the system did not update itself till midnight. If you go into My O2 today you should see only one contract showing http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

If you have further problems avoid live chat as they didn't help before....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Can you merge the threads plese @Toby?

O2 seem to take an extraordinary length of time to resolve account issues. Normally the systems are very good but the initial problem of having two contracts going is the crux of the matter.

Calling customer service was the correct procedure to get this sorted out and indeed it may have been done if the system hadn't been updated when you checked.

If you still have two accounts showing today then call 202 and ask to speak to a manager. Don't let them say they will arrange a callback, tell them you are staying on the phone until you speak to a manager.

Also you could try making a complaint if this isn't resolved to your satisfaction this morning.

How to complain

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi ,thanks for your replys. however nothing has been sorted i still have 2 account 2 phones on my account i have cancelled my direct debits with the bank, however to make matters worse i have 1gb data left fron 5 gb, And this has to last me to the 13th sept. 1 whole month away. im away in evenings and stream alot. This is not what i set out for . After speaking to at least 5 different people from o2 and spending most of my days trying to sort this. My account is in a worse state its ever been. I will take your advice and go the complaints route. thanks andy

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you have cancelled BOTH direct debits you could be heading for a lot of trouble.

Fact is you have ONE active account and that should not be cancelled. This will affect your credit rating unfortunately. I understand your frustration but honestly I would suggest you contact CS again...(not live chat)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive done that and was advised from the shop to cancel my d/d with the bank, there was 3 set up , and was told by the o2 shop to pay manualy on the 27th. but as the bill as been generated i would still have to pay the full amount. however the problem is the 2 device plans have to paid aswell. a further £55. that means in 45days of having the phone i would have paid a total of £145. for 1 handset. they said this will be refunded, i have no choice as i use my phone for work.

Message 9 of 9