cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 930 Screen Issue ..........

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just sent my Nokia Lumia 930 back to o2 after nearly 1 year of use and no problems, but now i have a huge issue and was wondering if any one else has experienced a issue with "Screen Lift" ?

My Screen has completely lifted of the bezal i am presuming this is down to poor sticky stuff used to contact screen to bezal ??

I was concerned as to number one Screen Breaking and or comtaminents entering the phone.

This issue gets worse with constant usage and heat from the phone making the glue less adesive and screen nearly becoming unattached.

So contacted Customer services and they raised a repair and phone is now in post !! It states on print out form that they will replace phone if possable, o2 does not stock this phone so fingers cross it can be repaired.

Has anyone else had this issue with there Lumia 930 ??

Below is image of this issue, which i am sure you will agree is quite worrying .....

Phone 1.jpg

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123402 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Good grief @Anonymous That  looks terrible. A major design fault surely?....(Having said that I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem?) slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it has steadly got worse over the last week !! I had a look on the o2 Boards and nobody else appears to have had this issue.

I googled the issue and Screen Lift dies seem to be a problem with this model ..... Smiley Frustrated I really am hoping they can fix issue or replace phone as totally love this model !!

Finger crossed

Message 3 of 18

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Always contact the manufacturer, no guarantee that o2 repairs will actually fix it, probably just stick blobs of blu tack under 

Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123402 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

If it is a known issue I would certainly be getting in touch with Nokia directly  O2 may give all sorts of weird reasons for the fault...and would probably blame you.. http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/contact/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats great advise to send back to Microsoft .........

Pity i never thought off this myself !!Crazy

The Phone is back at o2 now for Ahem repair, (Hind sight is a wonderful thing)  Going by the comments on here i hold no hopes off getting my Phone back as a workable device Bang Gutted.com

Will let you guys know the out come when i get my phone returned or any Email updates ......... 

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @iamthestig Do let us know

Message 8 of 18

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123402 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

If it is a well known fault the manufacturer is always the place to try first. They can't afford the bad publicity and have experts on hand to fix specific issues....O2 are more 'generalised'. Anyway if it fails with O2 then get it back to Nokia...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 18