Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with screen not had a year

Sarah_EC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I took out a contract, no warranty for a Samsung s21 Ultra, a couple days ago I get white lines across the screen and I've noticed a circle of black appearing and for the last two days, the unlock button works, but the screen will not turn on. It takes me ages to get it to respond.

My question is would this issue be covered under a "not even had a year" warranty that a lot of tech just has? How much would a repair roughly be? And how long would it take? I use my phone for online projects, it's why I went for the Ultra as it has an amazing camera, I cannot be without this phone!

Samsung can come to my house and repair it but this would cost just over £300.

The only option with O2 is to send it away and then I get a quote, but that's going to cause a lot of issues if I just end up being quoted around about the same as Samsung. If thats the case I might as well wait for them to come and fix it at my house.

I need actual answers not "they'll access it when they get it". I know I won't get exacts but I need to know mostly if it's covered or not! I cant afford £300 but it would be better to go into my overdraft than send it away to get a high repair cost anyway.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9835 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions

@Sarah_EC 

Reaching out to Samsung would be your best option, as your phone will be covered by the warranty, but only if it hasn't been caused by accidental damage. 

You can reach out to Samsung via https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Also have a look at ismash it or other vendors, as o2 will not be much different to Samsung Costs

--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

We are all customers like you and I don't work for o2,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9835 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions

@Sarah_EC 

Reaching out to Samsung would be your best option, as your phone will be covered by the warranty, but only if it hasn't been caused by accidental damage. 

You can reach out to Samsung via https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Also have a look at ismash it or other vendors, as o2 will not be much different to Samsung Costs

--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

We are all customers like you and I don't work for o2,
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 64: Magistrate
  • 6132 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1425 Solutions

I find the no warranty bit confusing. If the phone was bought new by you then it comes with 2 years warranty with Samsung direct.

Did you say to Samsung you had no warranty?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3