cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'My O2' app for BlackBerry 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive downloaded the My O2 android app and sideloaded it onto my BlackBerry Z10 and it runs absolutely fine.

Any news on if or when O2 will publish that app in BlackBerry World so all the O2 customers can benefit? Seems ready to go right now ive had no issues slight_smile

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Noticed there's now an 'O2 Space' button in Blackberry World which takes you 'O2 App Space' with just the 'My O2' and 'O2 Matchday' Apps listed. Hopefully more to follow.

Incidentally the My O2 app doesn't install over the sideloaded version, the latter needs to be deleted first.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
They seem to be getting a real batch of great reviews for the app too! Seems to be averaging 5 stars, just hope Priority Moments is next - that's one app I really do miss
Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid I have to tell you that I contacted 02 today 23/03/2015) about the featured upgrade to the My02app and was told it won't happen. 02 have NO plans to design the app for BlackBerry phones (even on the new operating system). Their excuse...there are not enough customers using blackberry to justify money being spent on this app. 

The web site offers the app for...wait for it...the iphone, android and windows based mobiles. The BlackBerry has lost out again.

What has annoyed me more than anything is O2 couldn't even bother their backside to let THEIR customers know what was planned. 

Typical take your money and treat you like a second rate person. I know I will be leaving 02 after 15 years. I have three blackberry phones for business because they are secure. It may not be enough to affect O2 but it will make me feel a lot better. 

Message 13 of 20

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry to hear you're not happy about this. What are your thoughts on using the responsive mobile browser version of MyO2 on BlackBerry? 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby, thanks for the response. 

I am sure there is another way I can upgrade. What sucks is I get a message telling me to upgrade and I find out I can't. I contact 02 who tell me I can, only for them to find out I can't. They told me to use blackberry app world and upgrade from there.  Of course I couldn't. Now  if the staff at 02 don't know what's happening what chance do paying customers have. That's my biggest gripe.

I ended up speaking to a bloke at 02 in Glasgow who plainly said 'it won't happen'. The client base for BlackBerry isn't big enough to justify spending money on this app. It doesn't make sense when its easy enough to be side loaded. I shouldn't at have to mess about trying to do something I have little knowledge about.  

Sorry, that's the end of my rant. Can you help a frustrated and Annoyed 02 customer

Phil

Message 15 of 20

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@AnonymousIf you're on the latest OS version with the Amazon App store the Android MyO2 app isin there and is more fully featured than the one which was originally released on Blackberry World but never updated. Crazy

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 16 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

My appreciation for letting me know. I will try it and let you know. Regards 

Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aldaweb, thanks for that info. I tried this app previously but it didn't load. I deleted the previous version and installed this app which is a newer version. It has installed correctly. Many thanks

Just a pity 02 couldn't have supplied me with the information when I asked the question. 

Again, many thanks 

Message 18 of 20

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Pleased you now have it working. Smiley Very Happy

Incidentally, it seems the MyNetwork app is now only in the play store, at least that was the case setting up my Classic so if you use that one you may need to fall back on Snap (guide here) unless your security policy prevents it.

Message 19 of 20

terminusaquo
  • 24 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm afraid I have to tell you that I contacted 02 today 23/03/2015) about the featured upgrade to the My02app and was told it won't happen. 02 have NO plans to design the app for BlackBerry phones (even on the new operating system). Their excuse...there are not enough customers using blackberry to justify money being spent on this app. 

The web site offers the app for...wait for it...the iphone, android and windows based mobiles. The BlackBerry has lost out again.

What has annoyed me more than anything is O2 couldn't even bother their backside to let THEIR customers know what was planned. 

Typical take your money and treat you like a second rate person. I know I will be leaving 02 after 15 years. I have three blackberry phones for business because they are secure. It may not be enough to affect O2 but it will make me feel a lot better. 

Welcome to my world, that's the same excuse given to WP users by developers when they don't want to support WP.

However when you consider that some of the missing apps on WP are on Blackberry as native apps then userbase doesn't come into it. Blackberry 10 users do have another option though and that's Android apps.

Message 20 of 20