Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

Re: Microsoft Windows 10, Lumia 950/XL and Band 2

You can now preorder the 950 and 950 XL via Carphonewarehouse

Highlighted

@Toby@Chris_K

Are either of you able to confirm that the 950 XL is not coming to O2?

Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team

@ianh wrote:

@Toby@Chris_K

That is correct. Currently there are no plans to range this device but would always recommend you register your interest in 'Windows Phone' devices here, should this position change in the future: https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

Highlighted
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

@Chris_K wrote:

@ianh wrote:

@Toby@Chris_K

That is correct. Currently there are no plans to range this device but would always recommend you register your interest in 'Windows Phone' devices here, should this position change in the future: https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates

This is bad news for some of us who have been holding off contract renewals - I'll now have to consider our options with other MNOs...

Why has O2 waited so long to say this?  

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team

New hardware ranges aren't always straight forward unfortunately and it's only recently that it's been confirmed we won't be ranging this. I have sent feedback to our portfolio team on this though, as I know the 950XL is a device many of you have been excited about and been looking forward to.

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

Highlighted
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

@Chris_K wrote:

New hardware ranges aren't always straight forward unfortunately and it's only recently that it's been confirmed we won't be ranging this. I have sent feedback to our portfolio team on this though, as I know the 950XL is a device many of you have been excited about and been looking forward to.

Could you please feedback as well that it's not just the disappointment, it is the time taken to inform customers and potential customers.  Considering the range of Apple and Samsung devices carried by the network, the 'flagship device' which is a profit generator should be given the opportunity to succeed.  O2's own reputation as a market leader for all devices will suffer from this.  The Lumia 950 may be seen as a "popular option", the XL would also be a popular device, especially for those looking to achieve secure email and better mobile working. 

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Highlighted

I'm really disappointed how long it has taken to get this answer. I kind of suspected you wouldn't be getting it when only the 950 was listed. Why can't O2 just be upfront about it. I appreciate that you guys might not know either, and it might be an internal communication issue. Whatever it is, it needs to be sorted out. I'll be looking at other networks now
Highlighted
Level 2: Apprentice

That's very disappointing to hear O2 not supporting Windows users. This'll be the 2nd time I've been forced off the network due to their lack of commitment to Windows
Highlighted
Anonymous

My Contract expired in October and I've been holding out to hear news on whether o2 will supply the 950xl.. after hearing that new I'll have to weigh my options as I really want the 950XL

Highlighted
Anonymous

Goodbye o2, its been a long relationship, but all good things come to an end. You can continue to suuport Samsung and Apple, but i am a windows phone user and fan, so i want the best, the 950XL. Goodbye, thank god i am out of contract!