cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS - cant send photo messages!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Nokia Lumia 625.  Generally happy with it but MMS messaging is a problem.  Spent ages on O2 chat with various 'gurus' checking my MMS settings but still got nowhere!  Eberytime I attach a photo and send a text I get a reply saying "Can't send message:Try again".  What a stupid message!  I have tried several times with no luck.  Tried changing my MMS settyings to the ones provided by O2 support.  Still doesn't work!  I did manage to send a photo once when I first got the phone a couple of months ago but no luck since.  Why is sending a photo message such a problem?

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Check your apn here http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings

Text ACTIVE to 2020 and save the settings and turn your phone off and on.

Also ask Cs via phone on 202 contract or 4445 payg to re provision your account for mms

You also need mobile data turned on and be aware that mms is not part of your texting allowance.

Alternatives are

What's app
Viber
Email

All work in data and wifi and is cheaper than the £0.40p per mms.

The recipient would need what's app or viber downloaded too.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Check your apn here http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings

Text ACTIVE to 2020 and save the settings and turn your phone off and on.

Also ask Cs via phone on 202 contract or 4445 payg to re provision your account for mms

You also need mobile data turned on and be aware that mms is not part of your texting allowance.

Alternatives are

What's app
Viber
Email

All work in data and wifi and is cheaper than the £0.40p per mms.

The recipient would need what's app or viber downloaded too.
Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Welcome to O2 Community.  Forgive me for asking an obvious thing.  Is your phone set to use Mobile Data, rather than wifi.  I know my Galaxy S4 will neither send nor receive MMS messages unless I have Mobile data switched on.

Gerry

Message 3 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
All Lumia's seem to have a problem with O2 MMS settings - Personally I see it as a blessing wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
All Lumia's seem to have a problem with O2 MMS settings - Personally I see it as a blessing wink

Can't comment on Lumias as I have never used one but I heartily agree with you  - MMS messages are a pain in the tariff.  There are much better ways to share photos.

Gerry

(Hon.Sec. of "Iconoclasts Rule - OK!")

Message 5 of 28

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

With the cost of MMS these days, I don't use them at all. WhatsApp and email and even facebook are much the better (and cheaper) option.

But have a look at your settings, go into Access Point, here there are four options, 02 Pay and Go, 02 Pay Monthly, Tesco, Giffgaff. Select the relevant option and reboot the phone. Try sending again.

Message 6 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would not wish to contradict  @jonsie   - but i don't think every user will necessarily have all those options.  On my phone there are only 2 APNs O2 Mobile Web and O2 MMS.

Gerry

Message 7 of 28

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The Nokia has a different operating system to android so the settings menu is totally different.:smileyhappy:

Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thanks!  The Geek squad settings worked.  The only difference I can see between these and the settings that O2 emailed me is the proxy settings.  Changed mine to the Geek Squad settings and it worked!!!

Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome.

Glad they worked.

Just remember the costs to send them. wink
Message 10 of 28