cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LUMIA 920 not picking up 4G signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have a 4G pay monthly sim which I have been using in a Nexus 5 and when in a 4G area it connects to 4G as it should. No problems there.

I have recently bough a sim free Lumia 920 but for some reason it will not pick up the 4G signal on o2.. The phone is on the latest lumia os Black. It is set a "highest connection speed 4G" The phone picks up "G" "E" "H" & H+ but will not go to 4G?????

I have been into town this morning and took both the nexus 5 and the lumia. The nexus 5 had a EE sim in and the Lumia the o2.  The Lumia would not register higher than H+ so I took the sim out and swapped them over. The Nexus 5 with the o2 sim in picked up the o2 4G no problem and the Lumia displayed EE 4G symbol no problem, but swapping them back just does not register the 4G symbol when the o2 sim is back in the Lumia. I went to both the o2 stores and no one had any idea and neither one had a guru in.

I went through the 4G set up assistant on the o2 website and all the check boxes were ticked but the "latest 4G software" part had a ? next to it. 

I really don't understand why it is not piking up the o2 4G signal when the Lumia 920 is 4G enabled and has the 4G highest connection speed set and I'm on a 4G tarriff. I have checked the phone for updates but it says there is none available.  Do I need extra software/firmware from o2 to get it to display the 4G symbol???  It just seemd very strange the Lumia 920 picks up EE 4G signal when that is in it and the Nexus 5 picks up the o2 4G signal when the o2 sim is in there, but the Lumia 920 not picking up the o2 4G signal when the o2 sim is in there. I tried to search for manual networks and it came up with O2-UK 2g,3g,4g, but one it is on select automatic network it just won't go higher than H+

Any ideas as I need this to work on 4G as it is supposed to. I have even tried the field test ##3282 thing but that doesn't work and doesn't even access the LTE menu

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got 5.2 downld speed. Yes highest connection is set at 4g. Even manual search came up 02-UK 2g, 3g, 4g but just won't latch on to it. It is also on lumia black os. Maybe it's faulty then but can't see how
Message 21 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146998 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
Never come across this problem before.
I guess you should get Nokia to take a look at it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 22 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Might just send it back to where I got it from, only had it a few days and try for a different one. Shame really as quite like it, don't want to get into sending it off to Nokia stage when it just seems like it's something minor.
Message 23 of 38

MI5
  • 146998 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
If it's so new just take it back and try another one with your sim in it in the shop.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 24 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
It came delivered so can't do it that way.
Message 25 of 38

MI5
  • 146998 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
Internet only or online from somewhere like CPW....?
Message 26 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Online from superstore
Message 27 of 38

MI5
  • 146998 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
Asda, Tesco ? - It's OK to say where, either way just take it back...
Message 28 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's from tesco direct and says: Nokia 920.1 cv-gb 4g enabled and LTE 800,900,1800,2100,2600. Surely o2 4g is on one of those. The mystery is why it displays 4g on an EE sim but not on an active 4g o2 sim (when in a 4g area)
Message 29 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It's from tesco direct and says: Nokia 920.1 cv-gb 4g enabled and LTE 800,900,1800,2100,2600. Surely o2 4g is on one of those. The mystery is why it displays 4g on an EE sim but not on an active 4g o2 sim (when in a 4g area)

That's the exact same phone as I've got (got mine from Tesco direct also).

Given that its the same phone as mine and it works on EE, I'm wondering if it's the sim that's somehow at fault (even though it works in a different phone).

Is it worth getting a new sim from O2 before you take the phone back?

Message 30 of 38