cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going Back to Nokia - What Do I Need To Know?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am upgrading next week and moving from the iPhone 4s to the Nokia Lumia 1020 because of the camera is better quality and as my kids are growing up I want to make sure the photos I take are the best quality.

Anyway, that aside what else should I be aware of?

Is the Lumia 1020 easily scratched?

What works on it and what doesn't?

Is it a fast phone or is it a bit slow?

Anything else?

The last nokia I had was the N95 and really enjoyed using that phone, dunno why I moved to Apple tbh.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've not owned the phone but have had a demo in it in the high street shops.

From that limited time u saw no lagg and the pictures were pretty good but again that was inside only.

Having a case is something personel choice. I choose to have some form of case on mine.

I'd suggest you also visit the store to try out the demomodels to see how you feel
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried demo ones but they always seem quicker for some reason, probably cus they dont have loads of apps on lol. I already have a case ordered.

One of these: http://amzn.to/1dQEVMk
Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd suggest you also visit the store to try out the demomodels to see how you feel

This ^^^^^^^

The new nokia phones are far removed from the Nokias of old. Windows Phone 8 is as far removed from Symbian that ran on the N95 as you could get, so don't assume you're going to find it any better than an iPhone.

Edit: spelling

Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
The ones I've seen typically have quite a few apps and games on them to tempt the consumer to pick them up and have a tinker with them in hope a sale ensues !
Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a thought about the screen, all screens will scratch so I would advise to find a market stall that sells and could fit a Lumia screen protector to your phone for you if you do get one. It gives you that little bit of piece of mind.

It cost me £6 in total to buy mine and have it fitted by a guy with a stall in the local shopping centre, without an airbubble in sight!

Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im actually quite good at putting on screen protectors too grin
Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just don't like the feel and look of some of the types available.

I've used from the expensive Zagg ones to types that have come with cases and I just don't like the feel and sometimes orange peel effect of others.

Each to their own.
Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tend to get screen protectors from ebay and normally get 5 for a quid.

They do the job for me.
Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Re the Lumia 1020 it effectively takes two pictures when you take one. One is saved using the 41mb camera and another copy of the image is saved using around 5mb.

When taking pictures it will take a couple of seconds or more to save the pic which, if you are looking at taking lots one after the other, may be a bind.

But other than that it appears a great bit of kit.
Message 10 of 26